Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Non Boat Related, Forum for topics not really having anything to do with boats.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Aberiginty inginuity (sp)

Aberiginty inginuity (sp) 13 years 2 months ago #24418

• elgindave
  • elgindave's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
The chute on my snow blower broke. One of the bolt holes split making it impossible to aim the snow. The force of the snow shot it straight in the air. Fixed it up and reinforced it with a coat hanger. A new chute is on the way but had to improvise. The chute is made out of plastic so go figure. I think they improved the new chute. It still ain't cheap for a piece of plastic. :(

I want to get ready for Super Bowl. B)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Aberiginty inginuity (sp) 13 years 2 months ago #24422

• stashm2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 1
I had the same thing happen on Wednesday on our 1950's ARPS blower on our 30 horse Kubota shoot flew right off and up in the air.... only took 15 min or so to put back on but startled me a bit... Had a broken tension spring on two bolts...

Re: Aberiginty inginuity (sp) 13 years 2 months ago #24425

• elgindave
  • elgindave's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Mine is a 8.5hp walk behind 27" but does the job for me. :laugh:

Re:Aberiginty inginuity (sp) 13 years 2 months ago #24428

I have almost the same problem but, for the longest time I let the snow fly for as far as it would go, with the 15 horse it is ruffly 40 feet....

well, this year I been doing something a bit different, I been haven to fight the defector to point the snow beside the blower, for it piles it next to the machine as I make a pass then when I trun it around to come back up, what was there plus what I put there then get picked up and again put next to the machine as I make that pass..

I have found if instead of trying to make a full cut and blow it away as far as it can go, which normally would be in my front yard...across the street or on top of or on the house next door, If I make 3 or 4 half cuts with the blower I can keep all the snow to one side of the drive to make a wind break with and the blower seems to not be working any harder than it does making a full cut. of course with a 15 horse motor you really don't notice much other than when it starts reaching for some torque.

but what I found is a stove pipe elbow that is cut with a 45 degree angle and is bolted on to your straight pipe can work just as well for an adjustable deflector

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7093 guests and no members online