Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Non Boat Related, Forum for topics not really having anything to do with boats.
  • Page:

TOPIC: new scam

new scam 13 years 4 months ago #21725

• frog
  • frog's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
to all members, just got an e-mail in responce to an ad i have on cl, he calls himself matthew long and claims to be ceo of cl. i responded to his inquirey about the boat and his return e-mail said he was ceo of cl and that i was to get a free apple i-pod, all i had to do was to click on a link in his e-mail. i already reported it to cl. please be carefull. frog

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:new scam 13 years 3 months ago #21773

• TNLark35
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Thats a weird one. I responded to an ad for a boat once and I got this complicated email back that the boat was in Ohio and I needed to send a deposit to hold it. Anyways, it was a scam. I reported it and then googled the contents of the email and sure enough. They are just fishing for a deposit across state lines.

Re:new scam 13 years 3 months ago #21774

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I ran onto one on a boat on Craigslist that read just about the same way. Send deposit through PayPal. I just moved and the boat is still at my old location blah blah blah. I never responded again.
Two weeks later is showed up on Ebay EXACT same add.
Be careful out there. There is dishonesty aplenty.
Neil

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:new scam 13 years 3 months ago #21792

I've had a couple responses to my own craiglists ads from folks who tell me they will bring a bank cashiers check for the amount, they just need my name, address, phone #, etc. One of the responses was for a pair of cheap plastic boat seats I wanted 10 bucks for!

"There's a sucker born every minute." (P.T. Barnum)

Frank

Re:new scam 13 years 3 months ago #21811

I have had quite a few of the these too good to be true offers. The last one was from a Cl ad I posted. I said just said, come on over "Cash Only"
Never heard another word from that guy. :lol:

Re:new scam 12 years 11 months ago #30000

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
WOW, CL has gotten crazy with scammers! I posted an ad recently, and get 2 or 3 bogus responses almost every day. Be very careful about responding to the one's that look questionable, which it appears most of them are. Too bad, it used to be a great way to buy and sell................ :(

Mark

Re:new scam 12 years 11 months ago #30043

Best one yet, Guy shows up at my door to buy some stuff I had on CL.Claims he's acop , flashes some kind of ID really fast.I says ok. , lets go look at stuff. Tells me it is stolen. I says really. My niegbour is out mowing his lawn, I wave him over. Introduce him to the cop. Nieghbour pulls out his cop id. Guy takes off running. Didnt get to far.3rd time busted doing the same thing. Not to smart.

Re:new scam 12 years 11 months ago #30052

Great story!!! Glad to see at least some of them get what they have coming to them.
Bill

Re:new scam 12 years 11 months ago #30065

I rarely put something on Craiglist when I don't get some kind of scam response. I won't even return an e-mail. I post all information and pictures. I also post that you must have your contact information in your reply if you want me to contact you. I posted my phone number before and got calls all time of the day and night from the typical craigslist dope. I also post in my adds that if the add is still up, the item is still here. That cuts down much of the people who are just wasting time on CL.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7765 guests and one member online