Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Non Boat Related, Forum for topics not really having anything to do with boats.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Boats are put away. Ice fishing time.

Boats are put away. Ice fishing time. 13 years 4 months ago #21241

• elgindave
  • elgindave's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Lake is froze over now. Just waiting for thick enough ice. I like at least 6" But I could go out on 4". Would have to go out on foot. I like to ride out on my Ranger. Have a nice fish shanty with heat.
Got to get the 2 cycle Jiffy ice auger going. The hand auger is getting harder to use each year. Is the ice getting harder? I put new blades on it. It wouldn't be because I'm a litter older?
Even though I run a 4 cycle Homelite in the summer. I still like the smell of two cycle burning once in a while. :lol:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Boats are put away. Ice fishing time. 13 years 4 months ago #21246

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Two stroke, blue smoke. Lots of snowmobiles starting the season here in Idaho. Smells gooood.
Careful on the ice, but have fun.
Neil

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:Boats are put away. Ice fishing time. 13 years 4 months ago #21247

• elgindave
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Hi Neil,
I have a nice 94 Polaris Indy/Lite 340 too. But hope to get my 69 12/3 Olympic Ski Doo going some day. Got to replace front sprockets and the track adjusting bolts. This machine uses bogie wheels.
Not too many trails around here where I live but the state is easing up on some of there Snowmobile/ATV rules to increase tourisim.
There are some nice groomed trails about 15mi from me. B)

Re:Boats are put away. Ice fishing time. 13 years 4 months ago #21267

i got into snowmobiling after i purchased our vacation home in the poconos in 1975. i purchased a 1973 harley davidson 340 leftover for $795. pretty machine but had trouble with the cdi ignition components after awhile. stopped riding for a few years then i purchased a 1984 polaris ss 440, which i still have today, but split will be picking it up next week as i sold it to him. at 63 don't like the frigid temps much anymore. i still have my all original 85 honda fourtrax 250 with very low hours and original tires which i can't believe. there 25 years old and never dry rotted and still look great. think i'm going to sell that also. been looking at a john deere side by side. only problem is it won't fit thru my 40" shed door. oh well.... ron

Re:Boats are put away. Ice fishing time. 13 years 4 months ago #21298

• elgindave
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
I know what you mean about getting cold. I'm 60. I take a blood thinner so that doesn't help.
Back in 84 I bought two 85 Yamaha YFM 200s 4 wheelers. They seemed to run for ever. Sold one in 90 and gave the other one to my sister a couple years ago. No shocks! Just keep the tires soft.
Traveled to the Poconos several times, pretty country. :S
Some snow predictied here for the weekend. Oh well, it's that time again.

Re:Boats are put away. Ice fishing time. 13 years 4 months ago #21552

elgindave "is the ice getting harder"

It's not getting harder it's how much dust and dirt is in the ice. Depending how dry it was in your area durring the summer dictates how much harder the ice seems. Doesn't take long to take the sharp edge off a blade. You buy a auger here you automaticaly buy a second set of blades with it.

Up here around Calgary we have been driving our trucks on the ice for at least 3 weeks.
That comment is not bragging, it is complaining. The cold hurts more every winter.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7970 guests and 2 members online