Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Non Boat Related, Forum for topics not really having anything to do with boats.
  • Page:

TOPIC: got a little hurt monday,but im ok,lol

got a little hurt monday,but im ok,lol 13 years 3 months ago #20856

• john-gibson
  • john-gibson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
the neighbor came over on monday and told me i had a really big tree ready to fall on the road,boy that was an understatement,it was 3 big pine trees (dead)that grew together,and had fallen ,but were caught(barely)by the tree in front of them,thank goodness no one was hurt(except me,lol).
when butch told me about it i thought i could push them over with the mini hoe,lol,but when i got to them,wow!!
so i blocked off the road in both directions,and chained the back hoe up to the tree holding them up.and i tugged until they fell.
well as you know pine trees have limbs going in every direction,so i cut the trees up in about 10 to 12 foot pieces,leaving one log still on the tree but almost cut all the way thru.
then i started to push the logs into an old house foundation on my property right next to the road.
as i was pushing one of the big ,a limb from it swung around and caught the big log still on the tree and knocked it off,which then it swiveled and a huge limb caught me square in the right side of my head,just like a baseball bat,after a little bleeding and some more clean up i finally got the road cleared,ihad a headach for next day,but im ok now.
im just so hapy no one was under it and it fell all the way over,it could have killed someone and i couldnt have lived with that.john

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:got a little hurt monday,but im ok,lol 13 years 3 months ago #20954

holy crap john. thank god your ok. a whack in the head with a large tree limb is usually fatal..whew!

Re:got a little hurt monday,but im ok,lol 13 years 3 months ago #21050

Ok...john I be the first to say I am glad your ok, but I would also like to be the first one in line to put my foot on your backside for not going to the hospital.....

why!?

Let me count how many famous people put skies on their feet went sliding down some hill and fell and whacked their heads....just to complain afterwords of having just a "headache" just to be found unconscious and unresponsive later, just to be rushed to the hospital where they died from what is referred to as a brain bleed that went undetected. still they died but it was preventable if they would of just stopped and said whoa it really did hurt and I really don't think this is a Tylenol kind of pain...

again guy, thank goodness you are ok but...you should have bla bla lba, remember it doesn't make you less of a man to NOT "suck-it-up", and if I remember right that how I came about blowing out my appendix...naaaaa it just trapped gas (the ER said)..which genny would just say..."oh..just suck it up"...

well I sucked it up till it blew out and got infected....well well well, see how far that got me...hehehe

Re:got a little hurt monday,but im ok,lol 13 years 3 months ago #21057

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
yeah mark,your right,i have had alot of concusions over the years,i had my wife keep an eye on me,and i really wanted to go to bed,but i know better,lol.
the worst was i got a smashed cut ear,its ok now though,thanks ron and mark.john

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:got a little hurt monday,but im ok,lol 13 years 3 months ago #21238

Hey John you got to watch out for those "Widow makers" A friend of mine was a lumberjack in the U.P. One got him, missed most of him but it broke his leg. He says he's done lumber jacking and going back to work at the fishery. :S

Re:got a little hurt monday,but im ok,lol 13 years 3 months ago #21245

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
John
Glad to hear you are ok.
Have yourself checked out to be on the safe side.
Don't let a "little" thing get worst.
Neil

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:got a little hurt monday,but im ok,lol 13 years 3 months ago #21258

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
thanks for your concern guys,but im ok now,i have had many concussions,given by bigger guys then me,lol,lol.it must be why im like i am,lol,john

---Mark Twain
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat