Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Non Boat Related, Forum for topics not really having anything to do with boats.
  • Page:

TOPIC: this is just a test,of video camera

this is just a test,of video camera 13 years 4 months ago #20198

• john-gibson
  • john-gibson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
my wife bought me a video camera ,one of the ones that big lots sells for 35 bucks,im going to see if i can down load the video,its not worth watching,lol,its just a shot of my computer and the stuff on my corkboard,i hope this works,im also on dial up,lol,john

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:this is just a test,of video camera 13 years 4 months ago #20199

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
ok that didnt work,darn,im trying to figure out this video thing,sorry

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:this is just a test,of video camera 13 years 4 months ago #20226

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
John, I don't know anything about loading the video directly to the forum. I download mine from the camera to the computer, then upload them on to You-Tube. (It's free to set up an account there. After it's uploaded to you-tube, I delete them off my computer to save space on my hard drive.) Then you can paste the link from your video on you-tube in the post, and it will display. Did that make any sense?

Mark

Re:this is just a test,of video camera 13 years 4 months ago #20231

John, if you're on dial-up, uploading videos to youtube is going to take a long time. Do you know the kilobyte size of the video you just took? I bet it's something like 2mg or greater. I don't think this will be fun on dial-up, but I couldn't really tell you. Give it a whirl, see what happens. Mark offers good advice here - sign up for youtube, do it that way.

When you get one, see that little green filmstrip clip at the end of the Boardcode above? You click on that, select youtube as provider, paste your clip into the box, then click insert, that's it, done.

I'd be glad to help you via email or whatever.

Frank

Re:this is just a test,of video camera 13 years 3 months ago #20832

ok I step up here...

your gonna want to "Zip" the file, (right click on video -in file- on your computer -Send to- (new folder "ziped" and save.

now your video has be sent into a "compressors" which makes it a nice easy "package" that can be emailed to guys like me who can unzip it and upload it to youtube for you, which then alls you would need is the URL (http:/) for you can added it to your post.

sounds a little odd and even hard but it just a click..poof..chitty chitty bang bang..

Re:this is just a test,of video camera 13 years 3 months ago #20855

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
boy thanks mark ,but i took the video camera back and ed ,me and mom got together and i put the money towards a fake fireplace lorraine wanted,we got it very cheap and i owe mom 50 bucks on it yet,but it is worth it,lorraine was so happy that she cried.
and i found out anyhow that my old digital camera takes video also,lol,and its better quality,now i just have to remember how to zip it.hmmmmm i think i heard that from lorraine a time or two,lol,lol,john

---Mark Twain

Re:this is just a test,of video camera 13 years 3 months ago #20863

yup some don't know that a camera will also shot videos, and more are shocked to find the image quality to be far better than the advertised box store hd "digital" video recorders that are offered.

just a tip of advice..use a tripod, the one thing I have to admit the x-z generation have never heard of a tripod and they have no clue how to use a camera's picture timer, I just call them the "Y" generation...as in gezzz "why" couldn't you use a tripod...

take a look around on face book and see for yourself...every self portrait is arm length away with the camera held at some ridiculous angle......

what operating system are you using, I will take some screen shots of how to -zip- a file if you want to help guild you.

Just to let everyone know that I found a 32 gig memory card and they go up from that also, what makes this little memory cards so neat is you can use them as a "cheap" filing system. don't want to eat up space on your hard drive, you can buy 1..2..or 6 gigs relatively cheap and you then can keep the photo's you want on your "file" card instead of your computer.

if anyone needs a comparison I use an 80 gig piggy back as a file saver, if you got ten 10 gig cards it would be more than my 80 gig piggy back, which that would be called your "library" which you then could just keep the Memory card with an index card as to what is on it...in a recipe box.

sure beats..having to plug in the 80 gig into the piggy back and having to run a usb cable to excess it.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)