Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Non Boat Related, Forum for topics not really having anything to do with boats.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Best video editing software?

Best video editing software? 13 years 6 months ago #16633

I have been consistently trying to freeze some individual frames from videos taken of boats, but cannot seem to find anything right off (i.e., free) that does the trick. Basically I pause a video, hit alt & print screen, go to a photo editor, click on new and paste the image into the window and go from there. This does not result in great images (like my Power Cat jumping out of the water), but they're passable.

I downloaded two free video editors last night and this morning before work that suggested they could freeze frames. They were even worse than the print screen I do as described above.

I want to buy a program that will allow me to take a segment of video and spread out the individual frames. My digital video camera takes either 30 or 60 high res frames a second. I want one frame here and another there to save as high res jpg's. Anybody play with this stuff and could suggest something they know works?

Thanks!

Frank

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Best video editing software? 13 years 6 months ago #16636

• stashm2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Not Free but I Think Adobe premier?? not sure of spelling can do it and do it right.
Its not cheap either... I had a copie that was on my computer when I got it and it woudl do that. I dont have that computer any more however.

Re:Best video editing software? 13 years 6 months ago #16670

Thank you. I'm going to download a trial copy of that tonight (after I go to bed - it will take a while to download), and if it does what I want it to do, I'll buy it.

Frank

Re:Best video editing software? 13 years 6 months ago #16697

I bought a copy of Pinnacle Studio 14 to go with my HD camcorder. Very pleased with the software, but watch the hardware requirements. Video editing is pretty demanding work for your PC. Good luck -Bob

Re:Best video editing software? 13 years 6 months ago #16707

Guys....

I hate to be the one that points to this put Windows Movie Maker is free and your able to d/l from MS for your operating system, I have found it really does have all the bells and whistles that you would find in the production type software, I also use movie magic pro 14, but I have found WMM to be fare easier to use.

Re:Best video editing software? 13 years 6 months ago #16710

bob, I'll take that under advisement. It took all night to download and install Adobe Premiere and I want to play with that 1st. It's a 30 day trial version, so I'll know right away if it does what I need it to do.

Mark, Windows Movie Maker does not do what I need it to do. I need frame by frame ability to download as jpgs, and all I can do with Windows Movie Maker is capture screens at low res. Maybe I'm missing something (I would not be surprised), but I need some high res shots. If none of this works, I'll be in my snowmobile suit out on the water this weekend for some high res snapshots.

Frank

Re:Best video editing software? 13 years 6 months ago #16722

• stashm2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
you should be able to cut individule frames and coppy them down for stills ect and take to make High res pics with the adobe. IT may take some time to figure it out but its a true Production software that does much more than Windows movie maker.

Re:Best video editing software? 13 years 6 months ago #16779

Adobe...what?
Attachments:

Re:Best video editing software? 13 years 6 months ago #16790

• stashm2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Adobe Premier is the one you want its a high end Video Editing Bundle.

Re:Best video editing software? 13 years 6 months ago #16793

Frank, if you want I can pull the stills for you, alls I need is the video...email or a source of where it is.

Re:Best video editing software? 13 years 6 months ago #16803

Thanks Mark, I'll let ya know. I downloaded Adobe Premiere, only to find that to save individual frames I now need to download Adobe Photoshop. They only work together to do this. If this works, I'm all set. I'll be downloading Photoshop tonight.

Thanks,

Frank

Re:Best video editing software? 13 years 6 months ago #16812

ok doky...let me know I have all kind of mischief making programs, here my latest...sample they are 8x10's and rather sharp, this was a test run and the file not complete was used as an example.

can also BLOW-IT-UP to a 20x30 with one week processing....

Adobe CS5 is the crem-of-da-crem of photo shop btw
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)