Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Non Boat Related, Forum for topics not really having anything to do with boats.
  • Page:

TOPIC: A day, at a car dealership.

A day, at a car dealership. 13 years 6 months ago #16518

• houston
  • houston's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Genny got her new tower, a 2007 Suzuki XL-7 with the third row, we pretty well excepted the tow limits on the car, even verified the "limits" of 2500 LBS per the car's manual.

got home and did some reading to find the 2007's where completely different then their predecessors, that the 2007 are 10 inches longer and have a bigger engine with auto leveling suspension in the rear (if) the car was equipped with the third row, on my read the The tow numbers went up a grand from what I read in the manual and what the salesman told us, so I really had to look at the manuale, which was written in 2006 but "dated" the 2007 Xl-7.

so I dug further..and found a lot of interesting things about the car/suv 4x4 awd with the on the fly manual shift/ auto transmission with traction control, that it made in ontario and it only has one recall (that all ready been fixed/checked on this one, for a improperly mounted windshields.

took us four hours to "change" the paper work from the explorer to the XL-7. but here is Genny's new ride.

ok that a rather BAD PICTURE, it was a night shot...but in-less than a day of owning it, we go to the store to get batteries for the camera, and as we are coming out of the store it dawns on us...we are not looking for the red explorer as normal, rather a black SUZUKI....where and the hell did we..put it...

looking around, there..it huh....TWO....you gotta to be kidding, side-by side....right next to "one" is another "one".

least to say genny wasn't finding any humor in this little "guess which one is yours" not realizing or remembering i put her bumper sticker on it all ready and installed the K-9 barrier, so it should have been rather simple, but she still didn't find any humor in this little thing as she pressing the unlock button on the remote to see which one lights up first.

then came the what are the odds of this happening and wanting to wait for the other owner to come out....and here is about when I just want to lay under the drive tire....PLEASE..just go in reverse....

wel it so far been a remember-able SUV so far, wellllll ok it only been one day.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:A day, at a car dealership. 13 years 6 months ago #16523

mark ,tell genny a said nice car,and congrats too,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:A day, at a car dealership. 13 years 6 months ago #16569

• houston
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
thanks john, I managed to pull down some pictures of it from the lots listing Pryor to it being officially ours.

doing the read on the XL-7, I was rather surprised to find that it is setup much like my old tractor was, digital tire pressure read outs, filtered passenger compartment air which is run through a different filter than the engine and the passenger compartment atmosphere is pressurized above the outside environment. so far I am still trying to learn what all this does with the button knobs and switches, but I am finding the ventilation system rather....funny, it's really a "set-it" and forget it "temp" setting verses a dial where you crank it back and forth for a hot or cold selection....if you set it at 70 degrees and it 59 out side...(like last night), the frist thing you will notice is the whooooosh of air being pumped into it via every vent in the dash...but wait the whooosh is in stereo because there are 8 different ventilation ducks running to the back....you find them when they whoosh btw. to add to it there is an auxiliary blower in the back to boost the rear passenger area that will whoosh also....

the whoosh only last for a moment as the blower reduces it self as the air temp becomes what you selected, and then only will it happen again if a window goes down or if a door is open.

the air-ride suspension it has with the GM hummer design suspension really smooths out the roads, add the whoosh and the ride I told Genny it like being in a hover craft.
Attachments:

Re:A day, at a car dealership. 13 years 6 months ago #16780

• houston
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
IT happen at the Gas Station last night, it hit me like a ton of bricks looking at the truck..."cross-over" in the neon light...

I really know another use for this...

here is a little hint:

Now I know why Genny said I could just lay down in the back!
Attachments:

Re:A day, at a car dealership. 13 years 6 months ago #16783

• DelRay
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Mark....nice ride I bet Jenny is a happy woman!

Re:A day, at a car dealership. 13 years 6 months ago #16802

roflmao,not untill mark lays down in the back with the box,lol

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:A day, at a car dealership. 13 years 6 months ago #16840

• houston
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
actualy..I had to stop playing with all the knobs...buttons and switches, see this thing, this cross over...has a bunch of "programmable" settings from the seats...mirrors..key entry remotes, immobilization...it a pretty long list of stuff one can change....

so when noticeable things like the horn doesn't beep when the anti-theft is engaged but the head lights flash like a police car...she notices.

when the fuel miliage that reported on the fly went from 20.2 to zip nadda zero...she asked what happen, i had to tell her I reset it and the trip meter also...

she mumbled something about hiding the manual, and I told her it would be ok because I also got it in the PDF format......

the latest is the seats go...up and down, and there a little lever that does it, that just not so noticeable...

Re:A day, at a car dealership. 13 years 6 months ago #16846

LOL,HECK MARK I HAD MY DODGE PICKUP OVER 4 MONTHS BEFORE I FOUND THE BUTTONS ON THE BACK OF THE STEERING WHEEL,THAT WORKS THE RADIO,CD PLAYER,JOHN,darn sorry about the caps,my wife was on the puter last,see i told ya darn buttons.

---Mark Twain

Re:A day, at a car dealership. 13 years 6 months ago #16847

i always typed in caps until someone told me what it meant..(shouting)

Re:A day, at a car dealership. 13 years 6 months ago #16858

ive told my wife that but she keeps doing it anyhow,oh well,lol.

---Mark Twain
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7493 guests and one member online