Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Non Boat Related, Forum for topics not really having anything to do with boats.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Lawn Tractor

Lawn Tractor 6 years 4 months ago #134586

I found this Craftsman LT2000 on Craigslist and bought it for my birthday present to myself last month, I got it for less than a grand! It's a 2013 model, very lightly used, has a 21hp Briggs and Stratton Gold+ engine and automatic transmission, 46 inch deck, and came with the bagger system. I changed the battery to a more powerful one, changed the headlight bulbs to LED bulbs and added the dual bar bumper on the front. I also modified it to mow in reverse, that's about it for now. Hope y'all like it. I think I'll call it Vader, Lol.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Marty
Keeper of Pawpaws Boat
1962 Span America

Lawn Tractor 6 years 4 months ago #134592

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 125
Looks like nice condition and good price for all of that including bagger. That’l get ‘er done. Turns work into fun and done lots faster to get back to boating!

Dr.Go!

Lawn Tractor 6 years 4 months ago #134593

Under a grand ? What did you have to do for the previous owner ??!! That's a sweet deal.

Damn the torpedoes, full steam ahead !

Lawn Tractor 6 years 4 months ago #134597

I actually only paid 800 bucks for the mower!!! I got a great deal, performs fantastic and makes yard work so much more fun now. When I got the bumper, my wife asked me why I needed a bumper on the mower because it was just a mower. I told her, to you it's just a mower, to me it's a Cadillac!!!

Marty
Keeper of Pawpaws Boat
1962 Span America

Lawn Tractor 6 years 4 months ago #134602

Tell her it's what you'll be driving after they take your license away !! LOL. Stylin and profilin.

Lawn Tractor 6 years 4 months ago #134605

• asign
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Ours has a bumper for coming back in the shed HOT! Nice buy, enjoy.

First, do no harm!
It's a lot easier to buy a boat than sell a boat.(Stole this from a member!)
All that work and hardware store mailbox letters for the hull? Tsk tsk..

Lawn Tractor 6 years 4 months ago #134689

Like my boats, I like them old. After numerous problems with a new MTD cub Cadet I sold it and got me a GOOD one. Of course a man can't stop at one. Here are three Model 73's One is a early model on right. The middle one is mid production and the one on the left is later production. They are the 4th hardest Cub Cadet to get. I have a Model 122 for my bottom plow also. I have a 61 Original Puller. And I flip and see parts also.
Attachments:

Lawn Tractor 6 years 4 months ago #134691

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Now those will get some work done! Wish I never sold my ‘71 JD 112. Big and tough frame for a small hp tractor. The old “garden tractors “ were twice the steel as a modern “lawn” tractor. Looks like something you enjoy. I like that variety you have. Keep them doing the dirty work, they can sure save a person’s back!

Dr.Go!

Lawn Tractor 6 years 4 months ago #134692

I envy you that collection. This is what the Wife did to my old Snapper. I mow the lawn after dark. LOL.
Attachments:

Lawn Tractor 6 years 4 months ago #134698

I will buy and sell any kind if I can make a buck. I hate to part a Good Cub. There is nothing built like and old Cub. The transmission, clutch are very automotive like. The Model 73's are 7 HP, the 122 is 12 HP and I also have a Bolens tube frame I till with. It is UGLY but a beast. Undependable is not in the library. I mow with my one 73. My 61 puller has two sheets of lead under the seat at 125 pounds a piece. It is just for fun. I'm not competitive with it but it usally will get me through to the last 4-5 at the end. Now my son goes a lot further than me.
Attachments:

Lawn Tractor 6 years 4 months ago #134699

If you follow this link back to my video's I have pulling vid's including my one Granddaughter Cristen but decided not to pull anymore. Some boat vids and all Kinds of Grandchildren vids.

Lawn Tractor 6 years 4 months ago #134700

This is my Pawpaw's old mower, bought back in the mid 70's. It has always been kept indoors and covered up. I last used it back in 1994. I plan to get it to my house and play around with it. It has a clutch, and is chain driven. It's a Turf Master, I believe was made by AMF.
Attachments:

Marty
Keeper of Pawpaws Boat
1962 Span America

Lawn Tractor 6 years 4 months ago #134701

Nice, but now I'm thinking wheelie bars ! LOL.

Lawn Tractor 6 years 4 months ago #134702

When I was a kid, I would put Pawpaw's mower in 1st gear, throttle it up, pop the clutch and the front wheels would come off the ground!! Lol.

Marty
Keeper of Pawpaws Boat
1962 Span America

Lawn Tractor 6 years 4 months ago #134704

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Same thing with Dad’s 1960 something 12hp Simplicity. Felt like a hot rod kid... Dad showed us how. Since we were not even half his weight, he knew it would be less than a foot of air...but to a kid, that was a real “wheely”. Dad taught us all how to back up trailers of different tongue to axle lengths so we would understand it. By tractors having short wheel bases and granny gears, it gave us plenty of time to figure how it all worked. Big help for when it was time to tow with a big block 440 in a mile long 9 passenger Town and Country wagon that had a wheel base longer than the super short yard trailer or short fishing boat or snowmobile shorty trailers.

Dr.Go!

Lawn Tractor 6 years 4 months ago #134717

An old Guy had a little 4 hp Wheelhorse he was driving around. He said it seemed to pull a lot of weight for it's size around the house. We talked him ito pulling. He did real well and did not have any additional weight. He enjoyed himself.
Attachments:

Lawn Tractor 6 years 4 months ago #134724

thats the first thing i look for when i go to country fairs...luv the tractor pulls..

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.257 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)