Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Non Boat Related, Forum for topics not really having anything to do with boats.
  • Page:

TOPIC: dirt low prices...

dirt low prices... 13 years 9 months ago #11416

• houston
  • houston's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
anyone who is looking to find a deal, may want to give this a look, find a military base near you or in your state and you can look at and buy alot of just about anything for 150.00 or less.

some of the "stuff" at 150 bucks...

a army 6 wheel fully optioned out troop carrier...

Motor whale boats from the USS Enterprise...

and a solace scanner...

Goverment Liquidations

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:dirt low prices... 13 years 9 months ago #11424

wow!!!!! hard to believe. if one knew how to weld and had the equipment you could buy one of those trailers for $150 and retro fit to your use. i wonder how good the generators are.

Re:dirt low prices... 13 years 9 months ago #11433

• houston
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
oh lord the Generators, yea...tell yea for beginners they run forever, and if you need to do a basic rebuild on the engine it is fairly simple, remember they are by design to be field repairable so....

but, the thing about the generators....is rather simple, read the specs and you will notice that not only would they run your house with everything plug in and on, but possibly the house next door also. they will just up and fit in the back of a standard pickup truck. insert two pipes...have four guys on each corner...off the truck and where ever you want it.

everyone I looked at has relatively low hours on them, as with the military they flip them out for new ones not because they no longer work rather they have a rotation new ones in and the old ones have to go.

big note, guys with dump-trucks may want to look at the scrap metal lots they have 150.00 bucks for a 80,000 pounds of metal scrap, if you can get it and take it to the recyclers for $$ a hundred pounds you could make back your 150 real quick.

Re:dirt low prices... 13 years 7 months ago #15107

DRMO for the army is what you are looking for. It stands for Defense Reutilization and Marketing Office. You can find all kinds of stuff there like gym equipement, washers/dryers, lawnmowers, and basically anything that units no longer want, need, or use. Units in the Army get money for turning things in, kinda like credit to their budget, for equipement. It does not matter if it works or not, they get the same price. I have gone there to turn stuff in and saw all kinds of stuff. There may be a website for your local one. When I was at Fort Polk, LA, there was a place that took bids online. Also the Military Police inpounds have auctions of abandoned vehicles including boats, trailers, motorcycles. There is a large number of abandoned vehicles on Army bases. My wife knows the link for the one here in Kansas if anyone is interested.
BTW, I operated one of those big, 1500 KW I think, generators-trailer mounted. It wasn't too often they had to be worked on.

Proud military member.

\\\"Never take a laxative and sleeping pill at the same time.\\\"

Re:dirt low prices... 13 years 7 months ago #15185

• houston
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
well, here's funny..I did the DRMO route, and it took me right back to the same website.

Re:dirt low prices... 13 years 7 months ago #15222

It seems like if the items are not sold for the $150 minumum bet, they sell them onsite. Sure would be nice if it starting the bidding lower. I think at Fort riley, KS, the auction day is on Thursday morning. I could never go because that is the day we all do "Sergeants Time Training" and my wife would be mad if I brought home any of what she would call "junk".

Here is a site that has links to many different Gov't agency auctions. Seems like most of them have short bidding times so the price is ussually cheap.

www.ustreas.gov/auctions/

In the past I have searched a lot of these sales. I do not know the validity of any of these sites but with names like GSA and US Marshals, I doubt they are fake or scams. I was able to search my state or put my state in the search to narrow it down.

Proud military member.

Re:dirt low prices... 13 years 7 months ago #15223

Ok, one more. I found the site where my Army base puts their MWR and police impounds. It is mostly a midwest auctions like KS, MO, OK, TX. the cool thing about this site is you can do a search for only past actions and see what everything sold for.

www.purplewave.com/

Proud military member.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7228 guests and no members online