Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: newby looking to buy mfg

newby looking to buy mfg 11 years 2 weeks ago #75848

Hi everyone this is my first post here. Ill try to keep the questions to a minimum. One of my inlaws has fallen on hard times he has a 74' mfg gypsy 14 with a Johnson 50 o/b. This boat has been in his garage for over ten years being restored. It has a new foot, decking, upholstery, battery, tanks, etc. He said he had rings and bearings replaced. And carms rebuilt. But he never crunk it after all the work. Over 3 years Im assuming. He's offered to sell me this gorgeous boat for 1000$. I feel terrible that he has done all this work and never put it in water. Anyways is this a good deal? How many adults will this boat plane with? Is skiing possible? I love the boat and would love to keep it in the family. Im just wondering how much the wife and i will enjoy this boat. It is very attractive though the smaller size kf the boat meaning overall lower cost. So what do you guys think? Have i asked to many questions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:newby looking to buy mfg 11 years 2 weeks ago #75858

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
paddywack5000 wrote:

........Have i asked to many questions?

Not at all PaddyWack, and welcome aboard. From the sounds of what you're telling us, that doesn't sound like an unreasonable price at all. Some pics would help, plus we love looking at pics (of boats, motors, trailers, etc.) around here. 50HP on a 14 footer should be plenty capable of pulling a skier or two, a couple tubes, or whatever. I would think it to be power enough to have a ball in on the water, while still being fairly fuel efficient compared to some of the bigger motors. Share some pics with us when you get a chance.

Mark

Re:newby looking to buy mfg 11 years 2 weeks ago #75859

Here she is. Im at work on my phone having trouble posting
Attachments:

Re:newby looking to buy mfg 11 years 2 weeks ago #75861

Attachments:

Re:newby looking to buy mfg 11 years 2 weeks ago #75862

Ugh. Ok sorry bout that ill have to wait till Im off work Monday and can use a real computer.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6296 guests and one member online