Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Newbie

Newbie 12 years 2 months ago #55650

Hello to everyone. I just today received in trade a 12' MFG Challenger sailboat. I have looked in vain over the MFG Brochures on this web site. I have seen the several sailboats, but the Challenger is not listed.

I think it is a cute little sailboat and I will be restoring it this spring to teach my grand kids how to sail in it. It came complete with all the rigging and sail too. It also came with a trailer for it.

Does anyone have any info on this boat. When I can get some good pics of it, I will post them on my webshots page and post the link here.

The plate on the aft port and starboard sides clearly states:

MFG Challenger, I was told by the owner that it was 12', but I have not put a tape on it yet to verify it.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Newbie 12 years 2 months ago #55665

Hi Tom! Welcome to FG.

Did you look in the Library? I spotted some sailboats in the 1964, 70 and 71 years... www.fiberglassics.com/library/MFG

Dean

Bandit - 1959 Glasspar G3
See more G3s at www.g3owners.com

Re:Newbie 12 years 2 months ago #55666

Hi, Yes, I did look thru all the brochures. There are approx. 4 sailboats and the nearest in size is the "Whistler". It shows it to be around 11' LOA. Mine is 12' LOA.

There just doesn't seem to be any pics of a Challenger. You can see the plaques on the side of the boat in the pic and it very clearly shows MFG Challenger.

May be there is a brochure missing. I can only hope.

Thanks for the reply.

Tom...

Re:Newbie 12 years 2 months ago #55673

Hi Tom ....... found this pic of a challenger ... not sure if it is like yours or not but I thought I would throw it out there.
Attachments:

Re:Newbie 12 years 2 months ago #55674

Hi Jon, Don't know what happened, I couldn't get back here on the site all night long.

Any way, YES, That definitely looks like her. Now if the specs can be found. I would have all the details. Not that the specs are really needed. It is just kind of nice to have them.

I will copy and paste that pic to my file on the new boat and keep looking for more detail.

The center board trunk has a crack down at the base and there fore leaks. So the first order of business after clean up is a small amount of epoxy and fiberglass work.

The rigging all seems to be there minus the tiller arm. That I can make. I have to make one for my big sail boat as well.

Have a good day.

Thanks for the help.

Tom...
Attachments:

Re:Newbie 12 years 2 months ago #55908

Over the weekend, I received the original paperwork that came with the boat by mail from the man I traded with. It has the rigging and sailing instructions all done up in typed up sheets. There are diagrams for the rigging details etc.

Would there be any interest in having them added to this site for others who might like them in the future. If so, would some one kindly let me know how to get them uploaded so they can be added. I am not the most handy person with a computer.

Tom...

Re:Newbie 12 years 1 month ago #56988

Hi Tom .... sorry, I have been away for a while. I think that is a great idea but unfortunately I don't know how you would do it. Maybe post your question in the main forum and see if someone has an answer for you. Good Luck.

Re:Newbie 12 years 1 month ago #56996

• riceman
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
From what I've seen, most folks would scan the pages into the computer just like you might scan a picture in. From there I think you post the scanned image to a thread in the Library Additions forum. The exact way you scan your documents in will depend on your computer and scanner. If you don't have a scanner, a place like Staples or Kinkos may be able to help but I'm sure they'd charge for the service.

Re:Newbie 12 years 1 month ago #56997

What does the metal tag on the starboard side of the transom indicate? There may be a code on there to verify the year.

Yes, your information on the boat will be a welcome additon to the Library.

scan the items as a JPG at minimum resolution of 300dpi, save them, upload to photobucket or some other simlar photo sharing website, then cut and past them into the Glassic Library thread.

Andreas

Re:Newbie 12 years 1 month ago #56999

Thanks for the reply guys. I will work on getting the pages scanned in. There a dozen or so. It will take me awhile, I have a Model "A" scanner. Ha Ha...

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)