Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Wiring an OMC throttle handle control to merc trim

Wiring an OMC throttle handle control to merc trim 13 years 10 months ago #8505

I bought this OMC throttle control handle for Amazon after calling the company and being told it would work for my merc trim: www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=THMA+HNDL+TRIM&x=14&y=23

It does work, but it took Tim Calmes, Dave Albertson and me to figure it out (mostly Dave and Tim :) ) Here's how it goes:

Green from the harness (H) to green from the switch (S)
Blue & purple from H to blue from S
Red from H to purple from S

Over the years, I have learned various tricks with wiring connectors. Like you can wrap two 14 or 16 ga. wires together and get them in one end of a 10-12 ga. connector, then either connect to 10-12 ga. or if you're connecting to another 14-16 ga. wire, strip it so it is twice as long, bend the stripped part over and stuff it in. As you can see, I used 10-12 ga. connectors for all these connections in one way or the other, then liquid electric taped them. Those connections will outlast me because they are completely sealed.!

The screw mounts for the handle do not match the merc metal handle, so I am going to drill the new trim/shift handle to match the holes in the metal handle, and then bolt it with flathead (probably) stainless machine screws and nyloks.

Frank

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Wiring an OMC throttle handle control to merc trim 13 years 10 months ago #8506

nice job Frank.

Re:Wiring an OMC throttle handle control to merc trim 13 years 10 months ago #8513

Thanks Dave, doin great! How are you?

Frank

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6502 guests and one member online