Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Centering a motor

Centering a motor 13 years 10 months ago #6123

How close do you need to be when doing these centering measurements? I started by measuring from 1" below the deck on one side to the other. It was 67 1/4, so I made a mark at 33 5/8. Then I measured across the bottom sponson and got 11" so made a mark at 5 1/2, then connected the dots for the line you see. It matches up with the screw in the center of the stainless transom cap, which I worked hard at centering over my custom splash pan, but when I check from the ends of that cap to the edge of the deck, from one side to another I'm 1/4" off. When I measure across there and take that center, it's 1/8" off the line shown in the pic (to the port side). I'm not building a race boat here, but sure want to get this as close as I can possibly get it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm ready to mount the motor once I get some feedback from you dudes (and dudettes). Thanks!

Frank

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Centering a motor 13 years 10 months ago #6136

Plus or minus an inch is perfect ! actualy if your that close your close enough ! you will never notice if your off a smidgeon

Re:Centering a motor 13 years 10 months ago #6138

Thanks Dave. It's an 1/8" difference. I got some very specific ideas from some of the Power Cat guys on what to do. Got time, but not tonight.

Frank

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)