Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Working trim & tilt

Working trim & tilt 14 years 2 weeks ago #3819

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=" www.youtube.com/v/Huz8Z1McIhQ&hl=en_US&fs=1& "></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src=" www.youtube.com/v/Huz8Z1McIhQ&hl=en_US&fs=1& " type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Working trim & tilt 14 years 2 weeks ago #3820

Hey buddy ya got that uppey downey thing working ! Great ! No all we gotta do is spray the Yachet and duct tape your hands together so you cant sand it anymore bolt it on then we can go terrorize the river !

Re:Working trim & tilt 14 years 2 weeks ago #3821

Should have it in topcoat by the end of the week Dave. My next problem will be getting the new rub rail on without ruining it. Got some problems there. If and when I get by the rub rail, everything else is easy. I'd love to be terrorizing something!

Frank

Re:Working trim & tilt 14 years 2 weeks ago #3870

rub rails arent hard just need a couple extra hands to help locate it

Re:Working trim & tilt 14 years 2 weeks ago #3872

I've got fit problems Dave. When I get ready to install, ya wanna run over and see what ya think? (I've explained it a couple other places on FG.) I'm bolting the rub rail on (if I can get it to fit) with #10 stainless screws, and will be drilling mostly all new holes. Man o man, I just hope I can get 'er dun. Once the rub rail is on, I'll glass the interior seam like the way she came from the factory, maybe even better!

Get that crap dun, then mount the motor and pt&t and see what we got. Maybe take her down to the Hudson for a test launch on the end of a long line, make sure she floats!

Frank

Re:Working trim & tilt 14 years 2 weeks ago #3909

dave.......did i read that correctly? "#10 stainless screws, and will be drilling mostly all new holes" please re-think that way of fastening your rub-rail. as the screw bites into the glass your going to get cracks in the gel-coat which will appear in your paint finish. it happened to me as you witnessed. i even got a crack when i tried a rivet. i pre-drilled also. on the vertical trim i used screws coated with 5200, that i was able to push into the hole without the biting motion. i should of done the horizontal trim the same way but didn't think of it. that night while agonizing over the new paint job (now with cracks around half of the screw holes) i thought of using the 5200 in a slightly larger drilled hole. it worked. might be something to consider. ron
Attachments:

Re:Working trim & tilt 14 years 2 weeks ago #3927

Well Ron, it's Frank not Dave (again). You might remember that Dave's CC is done. Plus I regularly give myself away with my name and my logo (Frank's Place).

Sorry, I should have better defined what I'm using - #10 stainless machine screws with stainless flat washers and nyloks.

Frank

Re:Working trim & tilt 14 years 2 weeks ago #3947

lol...i didn't think you would of made that mistake, but i wanted to be sure.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6408 guests and 2 members online