Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: How to remove trim bushing?

How to remove trim bushing? 14 years 3 weeks ago #3369

Got to get this old dried out bushing out and installed in another ram unit. Looks like two pieces, but when I turn one, both move. I figured I'd better ask here before I go screw it up. I been working at it a while, but don't really know what to do. I'd like to get this trim working this weekend, but this is my 1st order of business and I need help! Thanks.

Frank

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:How to remove trim bushing? 14 years 3 weeks ago #3386

just tap it out.

Re:How to remove trim bushing? 14 years 3 weeks ago #3388

Got it Dave, thanks!

Attachments:

Re:How to remove trim bushing? 14 years 3 weeks ago #3392

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
If all else fails, get a bigger hammer! ;)

Mark

Re:How to remove trim bushing? 14 years 3 weeks ago #3394

Got past that Mark. Got all the lines hooked up nice and tight to the ram cylinders. Had to quit, been digging holes today, doing some construction. Had a guy over to talk about some concrete work we need done too. Got lots of projects planned for the upcoming season.

Laid out a bunch of black pipe to plumb my garage for air. My pipe sealer was bad, so I need to get some to put it all together. I think otherwise I have everything I need, except maybe STRENGTH!

Next weekend it's supposed to be 70, gonna get some work done on the boat. Fortunately (for once) we're not traveling for Easter or having anybody come, so la dee da!

Tomorrow I may attempt to get that PT&T working. We'll see what the days brings.

Frank

Re:How to remove trim bushing? 14 years 3 weeks ago #3395

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Good deal buddy, sounds like your making some real headway there! I need to get some projects working on the house too, just been putting them off and focusing on the boat(s). Soon, though.

Finally got the Johnson apart for the water pump job, the shift linkage was a bugger! Had to disassemble the bellcrank under the bottom carb to disconnect, the manual was WRONG. Gearcase came off much easier than the Merc, got everything cleaned up and the kit installed, will reassemble tomorrow. Found some stainless piano hinge today, but decided to replace the plexiglass in the center windshield door before installing.

Had three calls on the Cutter today, one guy coming over tomorrow to hear it run! Wish me luck.

Mark

Re:How to remove trim bushing? 14 years 3 weeks ago #3413

Good luck Mark, both with that Johnson, and the Cutter. My back is surprisingly limber this a.m., so we'll see what the day brings. It's supposed to warm up a bit, but there's a chance of rain later in the day.

Frank

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6351 guests and one member online