Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder 14 years 1 week ago #2949

I'm following along the instructions for installing trim, need to modify the old tilt pin, make some spacers. Gee, all this rusty stuff on my nice looking motor? Nope.

Frank

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Obsessive Compulsive Disorder 14 years 1 week ago #3001

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Frank, you are the president of the OCD club, that's why we love ya! ;) Happy first day of SPRING!

Mark

Re:Obsessive Compulsive Disorder 14 years 1 week ago #3003

Top of the mornin to ya Mark. Good thing somebody loves me...

Got a zillion things planned for the day, wonder how I'll do? A lot of it is related to getting the boat done, and there's a reasonable chance I'll even do a bit of glass repair on it.

Enjoy the day buddy.

Frank

Re:Obsessive Compulsive Disorder 14 years 1 week ago #3014

Frank
If your get half of that Zillion accomplished,
That would equal about a trilling things done
and
for the most part, I'd say, a successful day!

btw, you mentioned a hot rod in another post,
was curious what it was?

lar
PS
don't waste your day, tellin me about the hot rod if it keeps you from getting something done. it can wait

Re:Obsessive Compulsive Disorder 14 years 1 week ago #3042

Lar, I built this hot rod "t bucket" between '98 and '01. Home made frame, brackets etc. Store bought stretched body, replica of a 1923 Model T. 406 c.i. small block chevy, old chevy 3 speed automatic tranny, old jaguar rear end, plumbed, wired, etc. by yours truly back when I didn't have so many health problems. Probably put 100 miles on it today. Fun little car, what lots of folks would call a "rat rod." It is what it is.

Frank
Attachments:

Re:Obsessive Compulsive Disorder 14 years 1 week ago #3043

down here you'd have to have fenders on it, and a hood. ah..the plus's of living in the country.

Re:Obsessive Compulsive Disorder 14 years 1 week ago #3044

I don't know about hoods Ron, but you need fenders in NY too! Driving it here for 9 years, NEVER been stopped. I think it's because I look so responsible... :)

Frank

Re:Obsessive Compulsive Disorder 14 years 1 week ago #3049

If it's titled as a home built or special construction most states don't require a hood. In Louisiana you were supposed to run fenders too, but I never did. Cops usually don't write you for it unless you're showing your butt. BTW, the ones calling it a rat rod don't even know what a freaking rat rod is. really ticks me off when they call T buckets or roadsters, coupes, etc rat rods when they aren't.

Here's a couple of shots of my old roadster. Hand built frame & body, 9" kick up in the rear, body channeled over the floor 11", 8 3/4 Dodge rear axle, 440 magnum engine with 727 Torqueflite automatic. Everything was chromed... front axle, spring, shocks, and steering. Rear differential housing, coil springs, shocks, & ladder bars. Ran '56 Ford F100 brakes on the front with chromed backing plates and drums. No way could I afford the chrome work now a days. These pics were taken before I pulled the rear end and chromed all that.

VERY unconfortable to drive... seat was 4" high, the back of the seat housed the gas tank, and there was 5" between the bottom of the dash and the floor. You climbed in, placed both feet under the dash, one on the gas, one on the brake. Knees bent, almost like sitting flat on the floor with your legs pull up to you. Shifter was mounted sideways between your legs because it was the only place it could go without your leg whacking it every time you hit a bump. The car was not built to drive. I put about 15-16,000 miles a year on it though. lol

I plan on building a clone of this one one day as I can't seem to locate it now. The clone though will be over a severly Z'd frame witha belly slung gas tank to allow for more comforatble seating. I've added 25 years and 100 lbs since the first one and I just don't think I can handle that again at my age. lol
Attachments:

Some people are like slinkies... Not much good for anything, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs.

Re:Obsessive Compulsive Disorder 14 years 1 week ago #3052

That's a cool looking hot rod Doug, and there's no reason you couldn't do something comfortable that would look very similar if you wanted. although those 8 3/4 mopar rears are great ones, and ya can't beat a 440 for c.i.!I didn't buy a t bucket mostly because the ones I could afford i couldn't sit in without my knees in my chest. So I built this with comfort in mind. It's a stretched body, 8" longer than the 1923 original and I think wider too. I can sit in this car with my legs stretched out in front of me. The steering, shifter, brake and gas are mounted in the same location as most any car you can buy. I focused on suspension and did good. IRS is the way to go if you can do it, it makes a wallop of a difference. I tore this IRS out of a 71 jag sedan and completely rebuilt it with a new pinon seal, modern bushings and such. It rides real good. Very little is chromed. I got plans for the chassis from California Custom Roadsters because the plans show how to mount a jag IRS. Seat is a middle seat out of a dodge minivan. Also, mine is registered as a 1923 Ford. It's a real long story.

Good luck!

Frank

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)