• Page:

TOPIC: New platform for my 350 and 400 Mercurys

New platform for my 350 and 400 Mercurys 6 years 5 months ago #134583

• Hugh Long
  • Hugh Long's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Picked up a nice Klamath bargain, removed the 25 hp and going to build a center console to run my 4 cyc Merc's I have a 350, 450 and a Mark 58. My other aluminum has the 500 on it. This will make a nice all around boat, easy to swap out the motors so I can play with them more.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New platform for my 350 and 400 Mercurys 6 years 4 months ago #134795

Beautiful boat, I love the lines. The early four cylinder Thunderbolt Mercury engines are the ones I collect as well, (I have ten) and are the one to have either in 40 or 44 configuration. The 350 in the pic looks pretty clean, have you restored it or is it original? A sweet package you have there.

New platform for my 350 and 400 Mercurys 6 years 4 months ago #134797

• Hugh Long
  • Hugh Long's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
The 350 is original. I have done a complete tuneup, carbs, fuel pumps and mag 2 years ago. Ran nice in the barrel. Just have to put an impeller in it this spring and it should be ready to go. If it runs a sweet as my 500 does, I will be very happy with it. This boat will get a lot of use as I can beach launch it and pull it up on the beach when we are camping.
What is the red and white boat you have. Looks neat.

New platform for my 350 and 400 Mercurys 6 years 4 months ago #134798

You will like it, they run so sweetly that you will be spoiled for choice. I have three of them and would never part with either one. The boat in the picture I no longer have, I run a 1960 Sangstercraft painted in the same way. It was a 1950's kit boat made from plywood, moved like a cat with it's tail on fire. Unfortunately my wife hated it so I bought something a little more comfortable for her. I miss it however, I will post a few more pictures of it shortly.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)