Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Lift Connection For 75 HP Merc

Lift Connection For 75 HP Merc 7 years 1 week ago #131239

I recently acquired a '92 75 HP Merc (3 cylinder) which I now need to get out of my pickup truck's bed. Unlike my Evinrude Starflite III, the Merc doesn't have a built in lifting connection. I would appreciate info on how to fabricate one. Absent that, any suggestions/helpful hints would be most welcome. Thanks!

Doug

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Lift Connection For 75 HP Merc 7 years 1 week ago #131242

There is a tool that threads into the center of the flywheel. If there is a yellow plastic 'cover' in the center of the fltwheel,...pry it out with a screw driver & you'll see the threads.
There are (2) typed of this tool.
One is just for lifting:

The other can also be used for pulling the flywheel during repairs:

I tried to post the links to these tools on eBay, but can't figure out how to do it.
Do a search in eBay under Mercury outboards, and search for "lifting eye".
You are here
eBay, eBay Motors, Parts & Accessories, Boat Parts, Outboard Engines & Components, Mercury Outboard Engines & Components,

doc

Lift Connection For 75 HP Merc 6 years 11 months ago #131657

Doc,
Sorry I haven't thanked you sooner. Our return from Florida and some family emergencies have had me quite preoccupied. Your suggestion was invaluable as usual and I have an lifting eye on its way from and Ebay vendor. Thanks again and I look forward to additional exchanges as I make the transition from OMC to Mercury!

Doug

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7135 guests and 3 members online