• Page:

TOPIC: Video - White Merc 100HP accel. from 45 to 60mph

Video - White Merc 100HP accel. from 45 to 60mph 7 years 7 months ago #126120

• peter1708
  • peter1708's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Learning to drive this BEAST better. The acceleration from 45mph to 60mph is astounding! That's about all I do now, cruise all day at 45 and then punch it! :woohoo:

Two acceleration runs shown, one at the start and the other at the end of the video.

I call it 60mph, in my mind reaching that 59.5mph allows one to round up :laugh: At 47s mark, you can see the speedo pegged (top large gauge).

This engine Doc built just pulls and pulls and is a real kick in the pants!

Pete

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Video - White Merc 100HP accel. from 45 to 60mph 7 years 7 months ago #126122

Extremely nice ! Sounds fantastic and what a beautiful spot !

Damn the torpedoes, full steam ahead !

Re:Video - White Merc 100HP accel. from 45 to 60mph 7 years 7 months ago #126132

• ed-mc
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 112
It sure was nice today! Gotta luv the PNW! :kiss:

I mowed my lawn. :S

I think you had a better time at the lake!!! :cheer:

Re: Video - White Merc 100HP accel. from 45 to 60mph 7 years 7 months ago #126172

• peter1708
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Firstglassproject wrote:

Extremely nice ! Sounds fantastic and what a beautiful spot !

Thanks, I owe the sound all to Doc Frankenmerc, what a BEAST of an engine :laugh: :woohoo: :woohoo:
Lake Crescent is a real jewel up here in the NW corner of Washington. It's about 8 miles long I'd guess, and has micro climates - one end of the lake can be blown out, the other like glass.

Pete

Re:Video - White Merc 100HP accel. from 45 to 60mph 7 years 7 months ago #126173

• peter1708
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
ed-mc wrote:

I mowed my lawn. :S

Hi Ed, well, I had to mow the lawn later that day after work. But, it sure wasn't quite the chore after a morning run! I'm burning up all my vacation in 4 hour increments !!! :lol:

Pete

Re:Video - White Merc 100HP accel. from 45 to 60mph 7 years 7 months ago #126176

• VinTin
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Awesome!

What year is your white Merc?

Re:Video - White Merc 100HP accel. from 45 to 60mph 7 years 7 months ago #126213

• peter1708
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
VinTinFan wrote:

Awesome!

What year is your white Merc?

Thanks! The engine is a 1961 Merc 800 with a 1964 1000 power head, rebuilt to exquisite and exacting standards by Thom Adams (Doc Frankenmerc on this board). It runs very, very strong!

Pete

Re:Video - White Merc 100HP accel. from 45 to 60mph 7 years 7 months ago #126215

• Robby321
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 10
Hell with the grass guys! I was out in the "dogs boat" yesterday and just too much fun.. AGAIN! Kinda hot, but we (friend in his SeaRay) back side Hope island across from us in the sandy shore the shade. Pic the one lane bridge to Steamboat Island on the left, Carlyon Beach on the right (home port me)and Mt Rainier background!

Attachments:

Re:Video - White Merc 100HP accel. from 45 to 60mph 7 years 7 months ago #126217

• peter1708
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Great photo Robby!! Wow, when I was kid (early '80s) we'd launch at Narrows Marina, cruise to an area near your photo (under Fox Island bridge, around corner, etc.). I remember a small island with a sand bar - can't remember name. Hat Island?? Anyway, the water was always warm there and calm, just a beautiful spot. It was never busy, either. Still have the memories, even if they're getting a tad fuzzy :)

Pete

Re:Video - White Merc 100HP accel. from 45 to 60mph 7 years 7 months ago #126235

• Robby321
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
peter1708 wrote:

Great photo Robby!! Wow, when I was kid (early '80s) we'd launch at Narrows Marina, cruise to an area near your photo (under Fox Island bridge, around corner, etc.). I remember a small island with a sand bar - can't remember name. Hat Island?? Anyway, the water was always warm there and calm, just a beautiful spot. It was never busy, either. Still have the memories, even if they're getting a tad fuzzy :)

Pete

HA! "Mems aint changed as still little traffic here to the Narrows.(DO NOT DO IT AT TIDE CHANGE!) "

On that Sand bar? In the fall, the go fast guys here (one has a 38 NorTec, with twin MASSIVE motors) and they used to do a advertised "Poker Run", but the water cops (never catch anyway) didn't like it one bit! So they changed the event to a "Wine tasting ride".
Many from Tacoma area and drive down here one stop Olympia boardwalk town. Next stop WAS that sandbar island ya said, and then BS, and last stop and all went home. Crazy bunch, got brains, money, FAST boats, but .."my kind of peopole"!

On the "dogs boat" Mean it! I drive, she points! Loved sitting head out the cuddy. But shes pushing 13 now, (90's a dog) and content to simple lay around be a bum..(like me)!
Attachments:

Re:Video - White Merc 100HP accel. from 45 to 60mph 7 years 7 months ago #126240

• ed-mc
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 112
Great picture! It shore has been purty up here as of late. Summer has finally kicked in.

Been traveling thru Tacoma from across the Narrows Bridge quite a bit lately and the view of Mt. Rainier as you go 'round that corner on Hiway 16, heading towards 19th Street, is spectacular.

Ho, Hum, just another bee-you-tee-full day here in the PNW!!

Here's something for Peter, your lake has made the Earth Science Picture of the Day!

epod.usra.edu/blog/2016/08/lake-crescent-on-the-olympic-peninsula-of-washington.html

Re:Video - White Merc 100HP accel. from 45 to 60mph 7 years 7 months ago #126261

• Robby321
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Hey Pete. I think the go fast stop at Deadmans Island.

A link...

www.southsoundtalk.com/2014/07/09/five-places-visit-boat-south-sound/

Re:Video - White Merc 100HP accel. from 45 to 60mph 7 years 7 months ago #126268

• peter1708
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Robby321 wrote:

Hey Pete. I think the go fast stop at Deadmans Island.

A link...

www.southsoundtalk.com/2014/07/09/five-places-visit-boat-south-sound/

Robby, that's it! Man, I loved that area. My folks live in Steilacoom and still take their boat out in the South Sound for lunch or just to spend time on the water for an afternoon. Beautiful, beautiful area - much different than the North Sound.

Pete

PS What a cute dog!! We have a Westie who turns 13 this year. A little older but not wiser, still chases the deer and little rodents when he can (albeit only for about 10' now!! :) )

Re:Video - White Merc 100HP accel. from 45 to 60mph 7 years 7 months ago #126269

• peter1708
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Ed, nice find! That is at the Log Cabin Resort, open during the summer. They have a boat launch, cabins to rent, camp ground, bar and grill, and a store. Really nice place and never super busy. I'll launch there depending on the wind; other times I'll launch other side of lake.

Pete

Re:Video - White Merc 100HP accel. from 45 to 60mph 7 years 7 months ago #126314

• Robby321
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Pete, we have Hope Island right across for us. Great place to take a break and get out the sun the backside when hot. Couple pix and a link.

parks.state.wa.us/517/Hope-Island---Mason

Of course we have our own beach, but ya gotta go somewhere else!
Attachments:

Re: Video - White Merc 100HP accel. from 45 to 60mph 7 years 7 months ago #126318

what prop are you running?

Re: Video - White Merc 100HP accel. from 45 to 60mph 7 years 7 months ago #126325

• peter1708
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Ponyboy wrote:

what prop are you running?

Hi Ponyboy - It's a 24" small eared chopper, right at 5500rpm.

Pete

Re:Video - White Merc 100HP accel. from 45 to 60mph 7 years 7 months ago #126327

• peter1708
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Dang Robby, that's a nice area! Let's hope we get some sunny autumn days before the rains! Pete

Re:Video - White Merc 100HP accel. from 45 to 60mph 7 years 7 months ago #126342

• Robby321
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
peter1708 wrote:

Dang Robby, that's a nice area! Let's hope we get some sunny autumn days before the rains! Pete

I love the fall! Things slow down, tourist gone, kids back in school, sunbirds packing up and go south.

Low sun, crisp weather, and perfect for a "ride"!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.269 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)