Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1958 Cutter Jet deville

1958 Cutter Jet deville 9 years 9 months ago #95977

picked up a believed 58 Cutter Jet Deville, was abandoned at a storage facility , put in a sealed bid & won, ran numbers on Merc 400, 61-62 45 hp........and after research on here/dimensions....being 14' 15" transom and width being on the money it's a 58.......59's went to taller transom and 60 went to longer boat......was repainted, but bubbling out.....will sand down & repaint.....( I custom paint/restore/hot rod), so not a problem.....

I currently have:
1962 glen L zip w/56 Merc 40hp
glen L crackerbox project set up for small block chevy
1981 Avenger jet with 440 Chrysler
1964 Glastron Bayflite with 64 Evinrude 60hp sportfour
1964 Buehler Turbocraft Contessa, slant 6 Hamilton jet
8' Hydro, popular science "skeeter"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1958 Cutter Jet deville 9 years 9 months ago #95983

• cron78
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey Airbrusher,

Congrats on picking up a Jet DeVille. I'm still trying to be sure what year mine is. With my top deck off and the wood out of the transom, I measure right about 16" from the bottom of the "groove" the transom plywood sits in to the top of the transom without the thickness of the top deck on it. I am not sure if that means 16.5" is the actual measurement, or if it is 16". She's 14' long, though, so I think that makes her a '59. The previous owner told me she was a '60, but maybe he bought it in 1960 and it actually is a '59. Not a '58, though, based upon the bow height being higher than the catalog cut in the library shows for the '58.

If you (or anyone else out there) is more familiar with the Jet DeVilles, let me know. That includes if the serial number actually relates to the date of manufacture. Mine is #100-0460-2412.

Re:1958 Cutter Jet deville 9 years 9 months ago #96019

I just went off the catalog on here with measurements, i'll know soon when I Pa fish & game does my title work, they should have record of it....being I purchased without a title, due to abandonment ......now my # reads 100-0660-2519....but I did read that could just be the # in line it was, not really year......and like you said, depends on when it was bought how they titled it.....like a car, same thing.....you're being taller transom should hold more hp than mine........I'm trying to load pics......unsure if I want red and white or blue & white to match my dads car & my old dodge pick-up.....quess it doesn't matter on that

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)