• Page:

TOPIC: 1959 Wacanda

1959 Wacanda 10 years 1 week ago #92702

• Danny D
  • Danny D's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
This boat came in 4 versions. A sport runabout with a glass windshield. Another with the glass windshield and curved brackets attached to the windshield. A hard top, and a convertible.
This is the convertible model.

1959 Wacanda Sport 16

Additional 60 Photos at this UTUBE Video Slide Show Copy and paste!!!

Utube Video of motor running. Copy and paste the link to your tool bar.

From the early 1950's, through 1988, Wacanda Marine Inc., Colville, WA, a family-owned corporation, produced a unique series of fiberglass boats. The name "Wacanda", was in recognition that early on, about half the boats were being sold in Washington State, half in Canada. (Hence the name Wacanda).
The boats produced by Wacanda Marine in Colville Wa., were strongly, and meticulously built of hand laid, thick fiberglass. Not a plywood floor, or wood stringer's covered in fiberglass.THERE IS NO WOOD ON THIS BOAT. That's why it has lasted this long, and will last another 54 years. It is still as solid as it was the day it was made. The already rock solid, interior heavy fiber glass floor, has been coated with Rhino liner from bow to the transom. The floor on this boat will never ever get soft. Because it is solid fiberglass.

IT IS NOT designed like most newer boats that have a PLYWOOD FLOOR covered with fiberglass cloth, and mat, and a hollow gap, where water usually enters where the stringers are, which will eventually soften, crack, or dent, that is always guaranteed lead to a soft floor, and rotted stringers.
I am not kidding, the floor on this boat is like concrete!! If you bump a dock, the boat instantly bounces off, and makes a big thud. Not like other boats that make that hollow sound, cracking, and crunching, major repair, big dollar sign sound. The transom the motor hangs on will never get soft. You don't ever have to worry about forgetting to put the drain plug in, and launching, because there is none.

Its a 16 footer. This model boat has a curved glass windshield designed for Wacanda, by Ford Motor Company, and it considered very rare, virtually non existent, by vintage boat enthusiasts.
The windshield glass is in great shape and is clear. But, I have to say good luck in finding another should you ever break it. The windshield design diverts 90% of any wind for the driver, and passenger while the boat is in motion. You can easily light a match and it stays lit, and without stuff flying all around you.

The smooth ride, and the handling of this boat is unbelievable. It cuts through the water effortlessly, barely make's a wake at all, and turns on a dime like a jet ski, and doesn't jerk, there is no skidding, or spin out when doing so. The permanent molded fiberglass seating arrangement for the driver and passenger is adequate enough for a 6' 4" person, and is very comfortable with plenty of leg room. The boat seats 4 adults.

It has a small kicker mount on the back for a small back up outboard, or electric trolling motor. The boat is so vintage, it was designed and manufactured with the original, working stern light mounted on the bow behind the bow light.

It is powered by a pretty impressive, near Mint, Beautiful running,
SUPER LOW HOUR 1969 65 Hp Mercury 4 Cylinder, short shaft, FRESH WATER ONLY outboard. (Parts should you ever need them, are more than readily available).
Even the back -up pull start rope is tucked away inside the front face plate in its original storage bag, and is intact.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: 1959 Wacanda 10 years 1 week ago #92708

• SteveH
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Nice info, worth a Karma point. I wonder if it the same company that makes Hewescraft out of Colville. it would make sense.

Re:1959 Wacanda 9 years 4 months ago #103479

Beautiful boat, im picking my 1967 Wacanda up saturday has a 450 white merc, bought it off the web so great to hear the details from you since I haven't seen it up close.
Attachments:

Re:1959 Wacanda 9 years 3 months ago #103562

• bilnan1
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 14
I bought this 58 about 8-7 yrs ago,,it was the brown color when I bought it,,I did some chasing and found and talked to the man that built it,He told me,that my boat was faded and oeiginally was a moth color, under the original bow light was the color I did the boat it,so it is correct. He told me he couldn't sell them they were too expensive the way he had it set up,glass windshield,hardtop,raised name in deck,so he cheapened the boat in 59 and sold a lot of them he told me in 57 he only made 5 or 6 like mine,,but I think there could be more there in 1959 left overs,Back then we talked several time but He was old then ,,don't know any more better pix at www.billscars.com Bill
Attachments:

Re:1959 Wacanda 9 years 3 months ago #103563

just luv that Wacanda...

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)