Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1962 F-100 and Goodbye old friend.

1962 F-100 and Goodbye old friend. 11 years 3 weeks ago #75087

Well I took my 93 F-150 off the road. Rust is starting to invade but is not a hard fix. But I've had my 1962 F-100 since the summer of 1978. I always wanted to put a big block in it. But as times change with gas prices I decided a few years ago that I needed a newer inline 6 cylinder engine so I could afford to drive the thing. So I have decided since donor trucks are going at almost a thousand dollars and the parts are questionable I decided to take my truck and sacrifice it because I know it is 100% mechanically good. So I will part out what I do not need and keep what I do need. Cab will be junked after it gives up it's electrical and mechanical parts I need. The windshield is fogging around the edges and will need replaced anyway in the next year or so. I have to cut 10 inches out of the center of the frame to change the wheelbase and add 10 inches to the back to bring it back to the right length. I already have a two wheel drive frame I was going to use to do this. The truck has been on the frame for fitting. I want to make my 4 wheel drive work for me now since it will not be a hot rod. It will appear as stock as possible minus 4 wheel drive stance. My oldest son needs a front clip for a snowplow truck he has and the bed will go to my other son for his project truck. So goodbye old workhorse. She has been a great truck the last six years. This is how she looked when I got it way back then. My F-100 uni body in one piece years ago and as it is now. If you are not familiar with the uni body you will notice the body is one piece with no gap between cab and bed. This sits on a regular frame with solid axles. It rode like a covered wagon I might add. It was originall a three speed in the column shift with a 292 V-8.l All that was sold long ago. It will take me a few years to do as funds go. Maybe more. It will be started in the next few weeks but that will be dismantling the 93. Back when I built this truck I painted the frame and did it right so I'm confident of the condition. :kiss: :kiss: I always wanted to do this project and now it really starts.The day the 93 was painted. My son's project truck as it sits today with a bed of not to good of shape. I painted the cab last year. Only 80,000 miles and solid.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1962 F-100 and Goodbye old friend. 11 years 2 weeks ago #75115

My F100,was a short bed,with compound low 4speed. Flat tire traveling through New Mexico,about 1973 according to my hairstyle!Sorry pic was too large.
Attachments:

Re:1962 F-100 and Goodbye old friend. 10 years 11 months ago #76364

Slow moving. Raining, I'm happy it is not snow.My truck and my son's with my front clip.
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)