Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Installing a bilge pimp

Installing a bilge pimp 11 years 4 months ago #71626

Hi everyone, im trying to install a bilge pump in my glasspar Gold Cup. I have 2 drain plugs in the boat, 1 that drains the void between the floor and the hull and 1 in the left hand corner that drains the deck. Any ideas on how i go about this??? This boat will be going in the ocean so I need to have a bilge pump!!! Please help!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Installing a bilge pimp 11 years 4 months ago #71627

• Jim L
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Sounds like my aristocraft.I just put a bilge pump behind one of my rear seats on the floor. There's no recessed area for a pump and I have two plugs(one through the transom and one in the floor both in the center).I know they're different boats,but if you need a pic,let me know.jim

Re:Installing a bilge pimp 10 years 11 months ago #76740

• DMCI
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Now that is interesting. I just purchased a Rule 1500 CPH pump for my 18 Skagit. It has a built-in float switch. I was really worried because I noticed in the catalog that they are available either in 12 V or 24 V. So rushing out to the car to check it, it turns out the pump was indeed 12 V. Like a lot of things at this time of the year these were the only pumps present on the shelf. They were all sold out of 800 CPH and smaller pumps. But on retrospect the 1500 will certainly do the job. I do have a sump and the pump will go right in the middle of that. They also come with enough wire that you don't have a problem putting the electrical joint in the water, in fact they recommend you don't do that. They also want you to put all the electrical connections well above the pump.

It has a one and eighth output, and I bought two Hull fittings to mount above the waterline that will allow me to the pump to that. Looks like in general this is one of the easiest things to do. The face of the pump which is removal has screw holes for bolting the pump to the bilge. All I need now is some kind of piping to change the angle of the output from sideways to vertical.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)