Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Unknown Project Boat

Unknown Project Boat 11 years 7 months ago #68999

I picked this boat up on the side of the road for $150.00 for the boat and the trailer. and the pictures show my progress on the paint job.

The boat is made by "Pipestone Sales, Co" and has a Capacity Plate rating the boat for max 700 lbs and max 45hp.

The title that came with the boat showed it to be a 1950. The title states the Hull ID # to be PS78472, not sure if that helps any.

After researching here and other places on the internet I cannot confirm the year or the model. I was wondering if anyone has any idea what exactly I have?

Any information would be appreciated.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Unknown Project Boat 11 years 7 months ago #69000

More pictures of the boat to help maybe identify it.
Attachments:

Re:Unknown Project Boat 11 years 7 months ago #69001

Attachments:

Re:Unknown Project Boat 11 years 7 months ago #69002

Attachments:

Re:Unknown Project Boat 11 years 7 months ago #69005

Well, if the plate says "Pipestone Sales Co" that's a pretty good clue that she was made by Pipestone Sales Co. This was a boat manufacturer located in Pipestone, MN.

They did not start making boats until circa 1955, so she cannot be a 1950 boat. Actually, the first Pipestone boat hulls were molded by Slayton Boats, nearby. Slayton then sold the bare hull to Pipestone who trimmed them out. This arrangement lasted for about one year.

I cannot help with the year or model. Check the Glassic Library here for Pipestone and Slayton information.

Pipestone boat was out of business in 1972. The facility was taken over by Bayliner in 1973. Bayliner had their own line of boats and they did not take over the Pipestone product line or brand.

Andreas

Re:Unknown Project Boat 11 years 7 months ago #69009

Thanks Andreas,

That information you quoted was what I have found already......and the reason for my post, but I still appreciate your input. I'm interested to know the year as what I have on my title doesn't match the history of the pipestone company as per your quote and the history on this website.

I'm looking for maybe someone that can recognize the style and give a better estimation as to the year and the model.......for now leaning towards it being a "SCOUT" because of the length of 14 ft.....and the small rating for Horse Power of 45hp

Thanks again for any help.

Mike
Attachments:

Re:Unknown Project Boat 11 years 7 months ago #69021

Try 1960/61 Pipestone Princes. They had the bench type seats in them same as yours and the same max weight of 700 lbs. These are great little boats and will take abit larger motor ,but not too much bigger. Really clean looking boat for that price. Post a couple more pics of it like a good side shot and a stern shot. There are afew members around that know these boats fairly good. Someone will jump in here soon and be able to help you out more. Skip.

Re:Unknown Project Boat 11 years 7 months ago #69045

Thanks Skip,

You know I think you might be right. I was comparing the lines along the bow forming the "V" and it does seem to match. I'll get more pictures on here so maybe someone can make a definite determination.

Thank you for any info you might have.

Mike
Attachments:

Re:Unknown Project Boat 11 years 7 months ago #69068

Here are some more pictures to maybe help get me close to the model and year.......

I think 1960 Princess is what I'm leaning towards.......any input is appreciated

Mike
Attachments:

Re:Unknown Project Boat 11 years 7 months ago #69087

• frog
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
i had a 1968 princess, and it does have some of the same lines. mine had a long shaft transom and was rated for a 50 hp. but was an ugly green . frog

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7224 guests and no members online