Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Brass Drain Tube install

Brass Drain Tube install 11 years 7 months ago #68183

Hello all! I have a '73 Manatee that needs a new drain tube in the splashwell.I already have the tube.How do you mushroom the end of it after inserting it through the transom.Thanks,Charlie.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Brass Drain Tube install 11 years 7 months ago #68188

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Some folks are successful "peening" the lip over by hand, some make their own tool to do the job, there's a pic/drawing on here somewhere of it. There is a specialty tool available to do the job, I had three to do so I choose that route Charlie.
www.wholesalemarine.com/p/S-D-520290-1/Sea+Dog+Drain+Tube+Flare+Tool++++520290-1.html

Mark

Re:Brass Drain Tube install 11 years 7 months ago #68191

Mungo03 wrote:

Hello all! I have a '73 Manatee that needs a new drain tube in the splashwell.I already have the tube.How do you mushroom the end of it after inserting it through the transom.Thanks,Charlie.

How about a pic? I had a '74 Manatee with a 115 hp Evinrude. Boy, would that baby ever scoot, but it drank a prodigious amount of petrol doing it!

By the way, I did what Mark suggests, but I had 5 of them to do...

Frank

Re:Brass Drain Tube install 11 years 7 months ago #68251

Thanks guys.I was thinking along those lines but I didn't know they made an actual tool for that.I'll let you know what I come up with and how it works out. Charlie.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.270 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6659 guests and 2 members online