Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 1959 Lake N' Sea Restoration

Re:1959 Lake N' Sea Restoration 11 years 6 months ago #69618

Andrew,
Don't just love when work interferes with our hobby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She's looking great. Love the Rude of course. It does look like it should be there! Can't wait to see the splash pics.

Bob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1959 Lake N' Sea Restoration 11 years 6 months ago #69657

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
That definatly needs to be pulled up to a drive-in behind a late 50's car. It screams poodle skirts and poly tails.
Fantastic.
Cal

Re:1959 Lake N' Sea Restoration 11 years 6 months ago #69945

• Andgott
  • Andgott's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
I took the boat for a spin today, on it's trailer... I am not QUITE done, but wanted to see how it towed.

I ended up at the county park about a mile from my house where I usually launch. It provides a nice backdrop, so I took some photos-

I might be a little biased, But I think she's a pretty boat! I can tell you that if you are the type of person that likes to be left alone, DO NOT try to go anywhere with a boat like this- It attracts a LOT of attention!

I still have to do the final wiring, then rig the steering, but otherwise it's pretty much DONE- Other than the snap-in cushions that will be the finishing touch. I am shooting for next weekend to splash- I would be tempted to do it this weekend, but the county fair is held in the park, and it'll be BUSY... I don't like large audiences on splash day, Just in case :)

-Andrew

Re:1959 Lake N' Sea Restoration 11 years 6 months ago #69946

She looks GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah I hear ya about the "Crowd" for launching, not a good match.

Bob

Re:1959 Lake N' Sea Restoration 11 years 6 months ago #69947

Stinckin' double post again!

Bob

Re:1959 Lake N' Sea Restoration 11 years 6 months ago #69948

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
I've got to tell you Andrew, that boat looks fantastic! Hard to believe it's the same boat I saw sitting in your lower garage, naked fiberglass and no hardware, never dreamed it would look this beautiful. Very well done sir, can't wait to see the "first splash" pics. ;)

Mark

Re:1959 Lake N' Sea Restoration 11 years 5 months ago #69954

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Andrew,
Biased????
Hell yes, I would be too!
What a beautiful looking sweetheart.
It's rewarding to see your visions become reality especially when total strangers come to you and comment. Sure fire way to make new friends.
Again you set the bar high.
Cal

Re:1959 Lake N' Sea Restoration 11 years 5 months ago #69958

Well Andrew, this has turned out to be a great looking project. It's been along time coming. It looks great and I am sure it will look even better wet.You should be real proud of the work you have done on it. Hope to see it in the water this year. Skip.

Re:1959 Lake N' Sea Restoration 11 years 5 months ago #70009

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
It has been a busy weekend here! My wife & Daughter are out of town, so other that the dogs, I have the place to myself.

I decided to tackle the steering and electrical. The steering was first- It wasn't TOO bad, but it took me some time to get it all right... I can see why Teleflex systems are so popular! The cable system was a bit of a pain, but it's working very well now-

I also got the shift box and cables rigged... Still need to adjust them, though.

The electrical system is a bit of a project. First, the original wiring from the box to the dash was long gone, luckily I still had the wiring from the box to the motor. So, I looked up the wiring diagrams, and made a new harness-

I found the best place to mount the electrical box, then wired it all up-

Under the dash, I installed a modern fuse panel. It is on a hinge so it swings down for easy access, and up out of the way. You can't even tell that it's there, but it provides the convenience and safety of a 'modern' electrical setup. All the switches, etc are in place, I just need to do the final wiring-

Next week will mark ONE YEAR from when I stared out on this project- With luck, She'll be wet!

-Andrew

Re:1959 Lake N' Sea Restoration 11 years 5 months ago #70011

Excellent setup!!! She'll be ready in no time.

Bob

Re:1959 Lake N' Sea Restoration 11 years 5 months ago #70013

Andrew, you did a phenomenal job on that boat. And it will attract a lot of attention. Great chick magnet!

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:1959 Lake N' Sea Restoration 9 years 10 months ago #94890

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Thank you Andrew, this was a great read.

Golden Rule number one; While working in the bilge, absolutely under no circumstances, NO FARTING!!!! Captn Shake aka Joe.

Re:1959 Lake N' Sea Restoration 9 years 9 months ago #96814

The better part of a couple hours reading all five pages, examining photos and checking out posted links... I feel like an expert. The dauntingly formidable resto that I'm about to take on seems, well, doable! Thank you for taking the time to create this detailed thread of your restoration! She's a beaut!

Re:1959 Lake N' Sea Restoration 9 years 9 months ago #96831

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
all my younger friends hate all my vintage boats except my lake n sea, they think that one is cool.

Golden Rule number one; While working in the bilge, absolutely under no circumstances, NO FARTING!!!! Captn Shake aka Joe.

Re:1959 Lake N' Sea Restoration 9 years 9 months ago #96857

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Thanks! Yeah, She's a looker! And, Pretty much guaranteed to be the only pink boat at the lake :)

I'll have to get an update done soon- I haven't done much, but finished up some 'bits'. I've been super busy for the past year, between the new house, shop, job, and kid... And, I've got a new car too (65 plymouth). Time is precious these days!

-Andrew

Time to create page: 0.229 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)

noimage