• Page:

TOPIC: Small Projects on my 63 Aristocraft Funliner

Small Projects on my 63 Aristocraft Funliner 5 years 11 months ago #136202

• damartinca
  • damartinca's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Well, after my classic boat clubs outing, I finally found someone to detail my boat after searching for over a year. But the guy flaked on me. Never showed up! Fortunately, someone else that I had left a messages with a couple of weeks earlier contacted me and was able to do it very quickly! So, finally the boat has been cleaned an polished! Also note the repro Aristocraft logos I had made for the fins. I had the old faded and worn out ones for some time, but eventually removed them. Finally since I got the boat detailed, I was able to put these back on. I think I had them made a yeaer ago!

The other little project that came about was the vintage dash compass I bought from Ebay. I had it installed, but one day saw another one on ebay and noticed it had a little light socket for the back. So, I did some more searching and found a rubberized dash light socket and ordered it. Just enlarged the hole a little bit and the socket works. It only came with a clear bulb, so I painted the bulb with my wife's nail polish that was orange!

I brought the boat down to the dealer to have them lower the motor a couple of holes. I just felt the motor was a little too high and was cavitating a lot and forcing me to adjust the trim a lot. When I dropped off the boat, they made the adjustment and while they were at it, they wired my compass light to the light switch! I love it when things come together.

The Holsclaw trailer got a little love too. I powder coated the fenders, had the winch stand cut down and powder coated as well. Added back vintage Holsclaw decals as well! I would love to do the rest of the trailer.

Can't wait for the next trip!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Small Projects on my 63 Aristocraft Funliner 5 years 11 months ago #136203

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 125
Excellent work. It all really looks nice! I need to do some of these same little details. What tachometer do you have. I have been struggling to find the correct 665 Airguide tach for a couple of years now ( missed one on eBay). Yours looks modern. Is this a newer universal tach that would work on any motor? I always loved the funliner and used to ski behind one.

Dr.Go!

Small Projects on my 63 Aristocraft Funliner 5 years 11 months ago #136205

• damartinca
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Thanks. That moden tach goes with the etec that is on there. I tried to make it look as retro as possible, but I didn't want to drill any more holes. The dash looked like Swiss cheese as it was.

I have been trying to get rid ov my 66 100 ho golden meteor with all the gauges and controls, but there just doesnt seem to be any interest. I will habe to look to see what tach i had. I believe it was also an airguide.

Small Projects on my 63 Aristocraft Funliner 5 years 11 months ago #136212

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
I think your tach looks great and fits in nicely. I remember really liking the looks of that 66 100 when I was a kid and saw a show ski boat with twins on a Hydrodyne. Good luck finding a home for your meteor!

Dr.Go!

Small Projects on my 63 Aristocraft Funliner 5 years 11 months ago #136214

• damartinca
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Hydrodyne's are very cool. Must have screamed with twin Golden Meteors.

Small Projects on my 63 Aristocraft Funliner 5 years 11 months ago #136216

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
A friend was trying out for the ski club. The sound of the two motors together was pretty cool.

Dr.Go!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6503 guests and 2 members online