Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1961 Dorsett Catalina

1961 Dorsett Catalina 7 years 8 months ago #124502

I bought another project, that I don't really have time for. But I'm doing it anyway.. This Catalina has seen better days. It has had major attempts at repairs... and some "modifications" to put a 90 hp Force and a ski bar on the transom. Rather than repair the transom, it has been clad with aluminum and has braces fabricated that bolt to the floor inside. The floor has been "repaired" once. Can't wait to see what is down there.

At some point, I plan on tearing all the way into this, replace the transom, floor, plywood pieces. I don't have many plans to keep it all original, but I am looking for some clues on certain things that are missing. I have a '60 Lexington, and can see where the fuel tank used to be under the tub. I'm not sure if Catalinas had it in the same place, or in the side walls? There was a newer anchor light mounted on the back corner, is it originally supposed to be on the roof of the cabin? Does anyone have pictures of the original full swing cabin door with the fold down serving table? I will be recreating one that will function similar. I also need the fiberglass door on the bow, but I might try to mold my own out of fiberglass.

The 90hp Force motor is burned up, and I'm parting it out. I would love to get a modern 4 stroke with power trim, but will settle for a great deal on an oil injected set up.

Anyone ever use one of those portable honda inverter gensets on their boat?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1961 Dorsett Catalina 7 years 8 months ago #124526

Yeah that should be a fun project!

Bob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 8915 guests and 2 members online