Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: new project 1966 Areana Craft Manta

new project 1966 Areana Craft Manta 2 years 8 months ago #109914

Picked this up a few months ago and have started working on her.
Ripped out old floor .....the previous owners used packing pnuts as flotation ...lol.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:new project 1966 Areana Craft Manta 2 years 8 months ago #109918

The boat came the the 289 interceptor ford engine and eaton outdrive. It was a mess so I opted for a 1986 doner boat with a volvo 350 and 280 outdrive that i picked up for $800. Engine and out drive had just over 300 hours and started right up and shifted perfectly :laugh: . I sold many of the part off that i did not need to cover the purchase of the doner. This option made the most sense to me.

Re:new project 1966 Areana Craft Manta 2 years 8 months ago #109919

To date I have pulled out old engine and drive, removed the floors and have removed transom. I just put in my order to us composites for epoxy material. Cant wait to start putting stuff back in the boat.

I can only find one image of the boat on the web...would love to see one put together

Re:new project 1966 Areana Craft Manta 2 years 8 months ago #109923

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 0
Good looking project, and welcome aboard! There's some info in the FG Library; www.fiberglassics.com/library/Arena_Craft

Looking forward to more pics and progress reports as you come along. PS- I wouldn't go back with the packing peanuts! LOL

Mark

Re:new project 1966 Areana Craft Manta 2 years 8 months ago #109928

Thanks Mark ..def not...I will have to take pics of the work i have done in the past 2 months...I will get more pics up tomorrow when weather clears. I have done countless hours of great reading on this forum. Thanks to all who have great posts with good pics.

Re:new project 1966 Areana Craft Manta 2 years 8 months ago #109995

Excellent, keep up the good work that's a great project.

Bob

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds

FG Login

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Quick Search

Who's Online

We have 4535 guests and 10 members online