• Page:

TOPIC: 1957 Glasspar Del Mar Coming Along Newest Addition

1957 Glasspar Del Mar Coming Along Newest Addition 9 years 5 months ago #102009

• gus323
  • gus323's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello! I have had her for about a month. I am in the process of cleaning it and inspecting it completely. I have started reinforcing the glass near inside the cabin. I will start with the floor and cabin first. The hull is solid and doesnt need much. The previous owner took care of it and im glad they did.

I have all the parts intact. I will need a new front windshield gasket. I have visions as to what I want the boat to look like. I will do some custom work on it as well. I'll stay original on it but not on some things. [img]
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1957 Glasspar Del Mar Coming Along Newest Addition 9 years 5 months ago #102013

Very cool boat . Miss living in Ca. keep us posted on the project. madbohunk safe boating

Re:1957 Glasspar Del Mar Coming Along Newest Addition 9 years 5 months ago #102017

Nice find Gus. We don't get those over here on the east coast much, unless it was dragged here. Those pocket cruisers are fun.

Bob

Re:1957 Glasspar Del Mar Coming Along Newest Addition 9 years 5 months ago #102122

Gus, that front windshield on the Delmar is a rear window from a Studebaker Commander, I believe a 1955. If you can find a gasket from an automobile restoration source, it might work, although the fiberglass mounting surface may be a bit thicker than the Stute's metal flange.
Attachments:

Re:1957 Glasspar Del Mar Coming Along Newest Addition 9 years 5 months ago #102132

• gus323
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Normspeed wrote:

Gus, that front windshield on the Delmar is a rear window from a Studebaker Commander, I believe a 1955. If you can find a gasket from an automobile restoration source, it might work, although the fiberglass mounting surface may be a bit thicker than the Stute's metal flange.

Thanks! Norm right? Ive been trying to reach out to you regarding the boat.

I have found this part but like you mentioned, it wont be a direct fit right?

www.studebakerparts.com/studebakerparts/store/s/agora.cgi?&&page=53-58hardtop.html

Re:1957 Glasspar Del Mar Coming Along Newest Addition 9 years 5 months ago #102160

It might fit, but I haven't replaced mine so I'm not sure. I have a Hollander's book, I'll look it up to see if there's any additional notes about those gaskets.

Re:1957 Glasspar Del Mar Coming Along Newest Addition 9 years 5 months ago #102166

• gus323
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Normspeed wrote:

It might fit, but I haven't replaced mine so I'm not sure. I have a Hollander's book, I'll look it up to see if there's any additional notes about those gaskets.

thanks!

I'm also going to need new side windows. Have any ideas on that?

Re:1957 Glasspar Del Mar Coming Along Newest Addition 9 years 5 months ago #102167

• gus323
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
The boat is missing the seats so I am building a seat base that I will atach to the floor. I dont want to drill holes to the floor so this will be the best way. I can also remove the pedastal later.
Attachments:

Re:1957 Glasspar Del Mar Coming Along Newest Addition 9 years 5 months ago #102168

• gus323
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Its done!
Attachments:

Re:1957 Glasspar Del Mar Coming Along Newest Addition 9 years 5 months ago #102169

• gus323
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
The bolts will be held in place underneath. Then I'll mount it to the floor with epoxy and reinforce with fiberglass.
Attachments:

Re:1957 Glasspar Del Mar Coming Along Newest Addition 9 years 5 months ago #102214

Maybe I get mine on Monday if everything goes as plan. I never seen it yet but suppose to be delivery tomorrow. I know it is miss a top windshield but that is easy to make.
Attachments:

Re:1957 Glasspar Del Mar Coming Along Newest Addition 9 years 5 months ago #102215

Do some more research about the Delmarva .happen to find some old pic of Delmarva I use to own.
Attachments:

Re:1957 Glasspar Del Mar Coming Along Newest Addition 9 years 5 months ago #102225

• gus323
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
commando wrote:

Do some more research about the Delmarva .happen to find some old pic of Delmarva I use to own.

Yea I've researched it

I've found a friend who is gonna help locate a good gasket.. I'm gonna have to make side windows because the ones I have now aren't good!

Have any ideas?

Re:1957 Glasspar Del Mar Coming Along Newest Addition 9 years 5 months ago #102270

I remember last time I made a side window I made one out of cardboard paper and fit it to see if it work then I got a pllexiglass place to make it for me.my boat is miss a top windshield is it possible you can send me a template so I can get one made.thanks

Re:1957 Glasspar Del Mar Coming Along Newest Addition 9 years 5 months ago #102271

• gus323
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Send me an email

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Re:1957 Glasspar Del Mar Coming Along Newest Addition 9 years 5 months ago #102289

Gus, Hollander's book didn't have any info on the windshield gasket. I would try a reproduction gasket it will probably work.

Re:1957 Glasspar Del Mar Coming Along Newest Addition 9 years 5 months ago #102360

• gus323
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
If I am seated, this is how much I would be leveled with the side. I will be adding an adjustable pedastal in the next few days.
Attachments:

Re:1957 Glasspar Del Mar Coming Along Newest Addition 9 years 5 months ago #102362

• gus323
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Normspeed wrote:

Gus, Hollander's book didn't have any info on the windshield gasket. I would try a reproduction gasket it will probably work.

Yea I will try that. When you get a chance, send me an email.

Re:1957 Glasspar Del Mar Coming Along Newest Addition 9 years 4 months ago #102905

Take a close look at the flange that stop the window from falling inside to the boat. s1295.photobucket.com/user/beoncustom/library/Mobile%20Uploads?sort=3&page=1

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.249 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7311 guests and no members online