Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Unknown Boat. Manufacturer

Unknown Boat. Manufacturer 11 years 11 months ago #60875

Hello,

I just purchased what I believe is a classic. But I am unsure what it is.
16 or 17ft fiberglass outboard v hull it has the emblem "Tornado" on the dash board and a tag with the name "International Fiber Glass Products Corporation, Ludington,Michigan on the port side of the transom. There is what looks to be a late 60's 50hp Mercury motor on it which is my only clue to the year of manufacture. Can any one give me any info on what I might have here. It looks like it could be a really sharp boat fixed up

Thanks
Dean C.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Unknown Boat. Manufacturer 11 years 11 months ago #60878

• riceman
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
can you post a few pics for us?

Re:Unknown Boat. Manufacturer 11 years 11 months ago #60879

It will take me a couple days but yes I will

Thanks

Re:Unknown Boat. Manufacturer 11 years 11 months ago #60880

• riceman
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
also, if you look along the top of the page there's links to various areas of the site. one of those areas is the library. this is full of images and info from various members. if you search by state, you can get a list of every boat manufacturer that was based in michigan. i don't think it's advertised as an all-inclusive list by any means, but it would be somewhere to look. that page is here:

www.fiberglassics.com/library/Category:Michigan

there's not a huge number of manufacturers, so you could go through them one by one. many are bound to have pictures you could compare yours to. at least that will keep you in the hunt until you can post your own pics.

-Chris

Re:Unknown Boat. Manufacturer 11 years 11 months ago #60891

Looking forward to seeing it.

Re:Unknown Boat. Manufacturer 11 years 11 months ago #60897

Welcome aboard!

Are you certain it says "Interntional"? Maybe it is "Industrial Fiberglass Products Corporation".

If yes, then that is the company that made "Pere Marquette" brand fiberglass boats.

Pere Marquette Fibre Glass Boat Co. started about 1954-55 at Scottville, Michigan by Richard T. Rudysill. In 1962 they were bankrupt and assets sold at auction by order of the Samall Business Administration. Thomas C. Billig bought the assets and started up as Industrial Fiberglass Products Corporation and continued to make Pere Marquette boats. A new factory was built at nearby Ludington in 1965.

William A. Jefsen became president of Industrial Fiberglass Products Corp. in June 1969. There was a public auction of the company assets on 25 February 1971 by order of a secured party. That appears to be the end of Pere Marquette boats.

Andreas

Re:Unknown Boat. Manufacturer 11 years 11 months ago #61241

Thank you Andreas

You are exactly right it is Industrial and there is still a remnant of the letter "p" on the back where a plastic emblem had been. I am going to post some pictures so maybe I can nail the year down with the serial number.

Thanks again

Dean C.
Attachments:

Re:Unknown Boat. Manufacturer 5 years 1 day ago #139368

This is the closest I have come so far to identify my boat. It has a 'Tornado' emblem on the dash. I will post some pictures when I get a chance. Thanks for the help in advance.

Re:Unknown Boat. Manufacturer 4 years 9 months ago #140087

Sorry for the huge delay in posting, but here she is. I will be trailer racing this so if someone needs a piece off of it let me know.
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)