Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Canadian Glassic

Canadian Glassic 13 years 11 months ago #5759

Here is a decent looking Peterborough glass boat from the 60's. The motor is not a Lark IV (hood is) it is either older or just a Big Twin it does not have the electric shift, LU is too big and the 2 handle control are giveaways. Price needs some shaving but not to bad for the condition:

toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-boats-watercraft-powerboats-motorboats-Older-Model-Peterborough-Fibreglass-14-Boat-with-40hp-Evinrude-W0QQAdIdZ202261012#

Al

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Canadian Glassic 13 years 11 months ago #5782

Al - That 40 looks the same as my twin 1962 Lark 40 hp going on the Power Cat. Manual shift in both of mine. Lower on the Canadian boat looks identical. Can't really tell them apart from my 1959 Larks though, except for the color. Big difference on the power head as the 59's have compression relief, these don't. Most everything else you can swap. I think the carb on the 62 has only high speed adj, 59 carb had high and low speed. But I haven't even finished my first cup of coffee. ;)

BTW...they are making wood boats again and they're beautiful, and expensive. They always come to the ABM show.

Brian ;)

Re:Canadian Glassic 13 years 11 months ago #5783

The 62 Lark IV was the first year for the electric shift but the big twin was still manual. The hood of course would fit on either one. I am pretty sure your motors are 1961 Lark III's (see this link: www.old-omc.de/e_1961/seite_02_03.jpg ) which In my opinion were the best looking of the fiberglass hood motors of the early 60's. The Lark was introduced in 1956 as a 30hp, became a 35hp with compression relief in 57 and upped again to 40hp in 1960 still featuring compression relief. In 61 the compression relief was eliminated as electric start was standard and a tiller was optional so pull starting was unlikely. Also in 61 the high speed jet was fixed but the low remained adjustable. The Big Twin series are probably the best running most reliable easiest to work on motors ever made. I run a 62 Gale 35hp on my 59 Lake N Sea Biscayne and a 56 30hp Big Twin on my 57 Feathercraft Ranger III
The gorgeous Peterborough Nomad you mention is a reproduction made by Woodwind Yachts here in Ontario it has features of several years of Nomads all rolled into it for a "best of" type model.
Here is a link to their Nomad page:
www.woodwindyachts.com/nomad/NEWnomad.htm

Al

Re:Canadian Glassic 13 years 11 months ago #5784

Al - Thanks for the info! I just checked my hoods, they're labeled as Lark IV on the backside, but they have manual shift. So I guess these are 1962 Lark Big Twins. Sure wish they were 61's since the Power Cat is a 61.

Brian

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)