Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Anchoring Question

Anchoring Question 13 years 11 months ago #5650

Regarding the 1959 Larson All-American I'm working on...

What's the best way to anchor this boat? It's a closed bow so I can't access the front. Anchoring off the stern or sides in generally unsafe, so what should I do?

It would be difficult and very expensive to rig an electric winch and bow roller, as well as greatly modifying the look of the boat.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Chris
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Anchoring Question 13 years 11 months ago #5653

I have found a great fix for this. I tie the anchor line to the bow eye and then tie in a fender so it will hang in the boat just behind the seat. when you want to pull in the anchor you SLOWLY pull up until you can grab the fender out of the water, shut down the motor, and pull in the anchor. It isn't pretty but it works well. Don't use a metal hook with this technique. It will mark up the hull. Yeah, I know from experience. But mine isn't a show boat.

Re:Anchoring Question 13 years 11 months ago #5657

Unless you are anchoring in very swift river or tidal waters, I don't see a problem with anchoring off the stern. Hook the line to one of the rear tie-downs or ski tow eyes on the transom. I've done that for years, and haven't managed to sink my boat yet. If you insist on anchoring off the bow, walk out on the edge of the deck & loop the line over the deck cleat. That boat is so light and shallow, that there won't ever be more than a few pounds tension on the anchor line.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6445 guests and one member online