Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Buehler Turbocraft

Buehler Turbocraft 14 years 1 month ago #549

Anybody out there own a Buehler or Dowty Turbocraft?

Do you have any information on the rebuilding of the jet drive.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Buehler Turbocraft 14 years 1 month ago #622

Hamilton or Berkeley?

Your best bet is going to a website that is dedicated to inboard Jet Boats that have V8 Engines. There is a lot of info out there that you just have to dig for. I know you can still get Cutlass bearings for them.

Re:Buehler Turbocraft 14 years 1 month ago #629

• 63g3
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 2
Buelers used Bueler jet drives. There are groups dedicated to them.
If it's too far gone you could retrofit with limited glass work needed. Berkley's are pretty easy for service, parts still available.
R

Re:Buehler Turbocraft 14 years 1 month ago #736

Howdy,

I own two turbocrafts and have had one of the pumps rebuilt. It was a fairly easy process from what the machine shop told me. Just a matter of getting the old cutlass bearings out and pressing in the new ones. While the shop was doing that, I deburred any rough edges of the impellers and then polished them up. Another key area to look at is the clearance between the impeller blades and the inside of the housing. I am not exactly sure what the factory tolerances originally were, but over time, the edges of the impellers get the bulk of the wear and that distance grows. That inevitably erodes the efficiency of the pump and will lead to diminished performance of the jet drive. All depends on how abusive the previous owners were to the boat. Running in shallow areas is kinda cool, but does not do your jet drive or engine water pump any favors. Remeber, be kind to your jet drive and it will be kind to you...

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)