• Page:

TOPIC: sorry NBR, escaped prisoner around my house

sorry NBR, escaped prisoner around my house 13 years 11 months ago #5422

• john-gibson
  • john-gibson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
hey guys ,sorry its nbr,but we have an escaped prisoner close by, the state police are looking in my woods and surrounding area for him,they are running him with dogs and checking cars.
we have a maximum security prison for the worst of the worst,and the county jail just 1/2 mile from here,i live in the country,just outside of indiana,pa,we are not sure yet which facility he escaped from yet,they wont tell us much,but the doors are locked and my gun loaded.
there are helicopters flying,.again sorry that its nbr,but i thought it interesting.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:sorry NBR, escaped prisoner around my house 13 years 11 months ago #5423

Damn son! Keep em locked!

Some people are like slinkies... Not much good for anything, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs.

Re:sorry NBR, escaped prisoner around my house 13 years 11 months ago #5425

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
you betca their locked even the camper and garage,i went up to my neighbors ,they are on vacation,and their teen boys and their little brother are there,i brought them down to my house until their grand parents show up .

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:sorry NBR, escaped prisoner around my house 13 years 11 months ago #5430

My friend, that's why 12 ga were invented.

Re:sorry NBR, escaped prisoner around my house 13 years 11 months ago #5436

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
yep,lol,but im partial to the 357 mag.
the news said he may have stolen a toyota avalon,from one of the neighbors,so maybe hes gone now,but im not going to let down my guard yet.

---Mark Twain

Re:sorry NBR, escaped prisoner around my house 13 years 11 months ago #5439

.30-.06, .357, .22 (short and long in multiples), 12 ga, 410. ga, have them all, and know how to use them. But there's nothing like a 12 ga spray gun close up and personal. Of course, we're talking about duck hunting which makes this boat related. :dry:

Re:sorry NBR, escaped prisoner around my house 13 years 11 months ago #5441

• Heather
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
LOL your to funny Crosby. But your also right...

I prefer my baby. A 1928 45-ACP.

There was a story about this weapon and me and my hubby. One that made into the anti gun papers up north where you guys are.
www.mycentraljersey.com/article/20081014/OPINION06/810140342/In-this-case-having-a-gun-made-a-difference
Attachments:

Mrs Spookeay Bird

Re:sorry NBR, escaped prisoner around my house 13 years 11 months ago #5443

john, just let the wolf out!!

Re:sorry NBR, escaped prisoner around my house 13 years 11 months ago #5456

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
ron i did take my wolf with me when i went out to check the camper and garage,at 130 lbs,hes quite intimadating,lol,here he is in a king size bed,lol,oh yeah and thats my wife in there somewhere,lol.
Attachments:

---Mark Twain

Re:sorry NBR, escaped prisoner around my house 13 years 11 months ago #5457

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
oh and by the way the rumer is they cought him ,the dummy went straight for town,a town full of cops,now i can sleep a little tonight.

---Mark Twain

Re:sorry NBR, escaped prisoner around my house 13 years 11 months ago #5458

Here's what I like to refer to as my "anti-boarding device". But tbh don't carry it on the boat often. A Glock 19 and/or Kel-Tec P32 usually suffice.
Attachments:

Re:sorry NBR, escaped prisoner around my house 13 years 11 months ago #5459

• Heather
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
john-gibson wrote:

ron i did take my wolf with me when i went out to check the camper and garage,at 130 lbs,hes quite intimadating,lol,here he is in a king size bed,lol,oh yeah and thats my wife in there somewhere,lol.

Sum Of A Beach!!!! That's a king bed?

That is not a Wolf then.... That's a monster from some prehistoric land!

Mrs Spookeay Bird

Re:sorry NBR, escaped prisoner around my house 13 years 11 months ago #5461

you are correct....just ask houston!!!! :laugh:

Re:sorry NBR, escaped prisoner around my house 13 years 11 months ago #5467

Nice Gun.

Re:sorry NBR, escaped prisoner around my house 13 years 11 months ago #5468

hehehe omg, my only problem I seem to be having is trying to keep genny from going to Jail....omg is she P/O.

22 long over a 410 shotgun with a scope (btw), it's called an M6 it's really is a sweet brake down backpack shotgun that with the right ammo it has some good take down power, that is if you any good with a gun.

carried one in my truck for years legally....smaller than a Daisey BB Gun, with a very unique trigger! lack for words would be "GET-A-GRIP" and let it rip...! :woohoo:

sorry, john did they find you convict?

Re:sorry NBR, escaped prisoner around my house 13 years 11 months ago #5476

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
heather yeah hes big and gentle if he knows you,but he does his job just by seeing him,lol,i dont think anyone would want to break in here,lol,mark and ron met yukon in person,mark was a little intimadated,lol.
we take him everywhere even camping and hes always good unless a dog is loose and comes into our campsite.
mark,as for the prisoner,the rumur is that he got caught in town,he stloe one of the niehbors cars and went straight to town where all the police were,i havent seen the news yet to confirm this,john

---Mark Twain

Re:sorry NBR, escaped prisoner around my house 13 years 11 months ago #5478

Top of the mornin to ya John, little excitement eh? Well, at least I know where you live now, so you don't have to worry about me haulin my boast down for paint... :laugh:

Not sure what I'm gonna do with it. Last coat came out okay, but there are dried air bubbles all over. Doesn't matter what I do, quality bristle brush, foam brush, thinned paint, wiping brushing liquid on then foam brush. Finish looks good, but feels like sandpaper. Still don't have coverage, but may try that preval. "May" is the operative word here, as next I'm glassing the inner deck/hull seam. May start on that tonight.

Well, now the prisoner is in custody, get back out there on that concrete project!

By the way, you have a beautiful dog there. Good for you!

Frank

Re:sorry NBR, escaped prisoner around my house 13 years 11 months ago #5544

"mark was a little intimidated,lol."

Dude, when he looked at me, my reflection in his eyes looked like I was a pork chop....intimidated, na...I just didn't want to give him a belly ache.

Frank
"Not sure what I'm gonna do with it. Last coat came out okay, but there are dried air bubbles all over. Doesn't matter what I do, quality bristle brush, foam brush, thinned paint, wiping brushing liquid on then foam brush. Finish looks good, but feels like sandpaper. Still don't have coverage, but may try that preval. "May" is the operative word here, as next I'm glassing the inner deck/hull seam. May start on that tonight."

a little something is telling me the air temp is to low and maybe the humidity is to high...can't explain where the idea is coming from ...and I may be wrong.

Re:sorry NBR, escaped prisoner around my house 13 years 11 months ago #5546

Temp in the garage is 70-75 Mark, and maybe 25-35% humidity. Perfect painting conditions. At this point, while I care how it looks, there's not much I can do about it. Too bad, given all the time I've put into it. It's like I've been cheated. It is what it is.

Frank

Re:sorry NBR, escaped prisoner around my house 13 years 11 months ago #5547

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
hi guys the rumur was wrong acorrding to the news ,they just caught him near ithica ,new york ,boy that guy wasnt wasting anytime getting out of here.
mark,yukon likes eating guys named houston,lol.
frank i wish i could help you out ,but the only thing i painted with a brush was houses and oil paintings.
try spraying it ,it seems you have nothing to loose,since brushing isnt working.
now that i told you that ,ill bet the paint job on our sunray comes out crappy,lol

---Mark Twain

Re:sorry NBR, escaped prisoner around my house 13 years 11 months ago #5548

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5

At this point, while I care how it looks, there's not much I can do about it. ............. It is what it is.

Frank

Exactly! Revisit the finish issue this winter if you want, let's get this baby ready for the water! The absolute best remedy for being bummed out is a BOAT RIDE. How's the 'glassing on the inside of the deck seam coming along Frank?

Morning John

Mark

Re:sorry NBR, escaped prisoner around my house 13 years 11 months ago #5549

I wanted to start on glassing the seam last night, but avoided it by watching a comedy movie with the wife. Been a crazy week at work and I needed the break. Got the garage warming up, may start tonight cutting out the matt strips, taping the interior to protect from drips, stuff like that. I think I have about everything I need to do it, so we'll see how it goes.

Thanks Mark,

Frank

Re:sorry NBR, escaped prisoner around my house 13 years 11 months ago #5553

Here's Our little guy
Attachments:

Re:sorry NBR, escaped prisoner around my house 13 years 11 months ago #5556

That is crazy: that guy I'm sure eats more than the three I have. Be careful he'll out you out of a boat lol, both dogs on here are great looking animals.

Re:sorry NBR, escaped prisoner around my house 13 years 11 months ago #5561

Quite the contrary. Great Pyrennes have a low metabolism. We have two and they go through a large bag every 3 weeks or so.

Peter
in Denver

Re:sorry NBR, escaped prisoner around my house 13 years 11 months ago #5568

Temp in the garage is 70-75 Mark, and maybe 25-35% humidity....

what would be the heat source....

odd question I know but, some heaters generate "humidity", like a free standing kero heaters, a "ventless" wall mount gas heater..

as odd as it even sounds the other thing that effects paint in general is fresh air and the lack of it..

one more strange question, this "coat" the "finish", with cars they put this "clear coat" as a last coat, in the case of a boat it would be a Gelcoat (I think)....if that the case would prepping the boat for that eliminate the imperfections?

(sorry just woke up brain fogged up real bad on type o's)

John, is that the wolf? OMG..ever been in texas?

that would explain why I was on top of project X (literary)

Re:sorry NBR, escaped prisoner around my house 13 years 11 months ago #5571

Electric heater.

I have certainly prepped the boat, but may have paint compatibility problems. Started with Rustoleum Marine Enamel, didn't sand between coats, didn't come out good. Was told I should use Interlux, not that Rustoleum stuff, so switched and have regretted it ever since. I thought I got all the old paint off, and then I used Interlux Pre-Kote primer, specifcally made to put under Brightsides, but still having problems. Interlux Brighsides polyurethane paint is not as accepting of other types of paint as enamel is. I.e., now I have Brightsides on, anything else I wanted to do, I'd have to completely strip the deck. I have some words for this, but this is a family forum and I'll be good.

It's very frustrating Mark, all the time I've put into this deck it oughta be so bright ya need sunglasses to look at it. Nope. I don't know how much more I can do this year, left shoulder is getting worse daily.

Frank

Re:sorry NBR, escaped prisoner around my house 13 years 11 months ago #5574

well, get in the hot tube, matter of fact speaking of that I found the cover to the reset switch if you want it I mail it to you..send me some email, but what I did while I was "reconfiguring" the temp control was to just place a large freezer bag over it...

Me and Gen just talked about the tube yesterday while the Code enforcement officer was here yesterday...hehehe and he was a little adamant about where it was so it a good thing it is gone!

but I asked him if...I could put a waterfall type figurine that would flow down into a shallow 2 foot deep by 4 feet wide tiled area... and he said it sound rather interesting and there wouldn't be an issue

so I told gen "oh boy I get to make a gargoyle! with water flowing down out of it's eyes and stuff..."and this is about the time he just looked at me in shock.

Re:sorry NBR, escaped prisoner around my house 13 years 11 months ago #5600

so thats why you stayed up on the boat. hehe
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.287 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)