Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1957 Valco royal 14

1957 Valco royal 14 12 years 3 months ago #52839

Hi guys, i did not know where to post my boat as it is both fiberglass and aluminum. Anyways its a 1957 Valco Royal 14 that i picked up a little while ago on craigslist. Does anybody know anything or have experience with these boats? Any idea what its worth? I hope to have it up and going this summer.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1957 Valco royal 14 12 years 3 months ago #52840

Interior shot.
Attachments:

Re:1957 Valco royal 14 12 years 3 months ago #52841

And finally the bow after cleaning the fiberglass when i first brought it home.
Attachments:

Re:1957 Valco royal 14 12 years 3 months ago #52843

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Welcome spamman.
That is going to be a very cool boat with your personal touches.
You have come to the right place. There are lots of folks here that can answer all of your questions. We like pics, so keep em coming.
Post your progress and some motor shots too!
Go into the Glassic Library and look under aluminum. I believe Valco is there.
Neil

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:1957 Valco royal 14 12 years 3 months ago #52844

• g3jim
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Very cool little boat ride you have there. I love it. You are gonna need a bit more horse power than that little Elgin has to offer!
Man that is cool.
Jim

www.fiberglassics.com/library/File:Valcoa57001.jpg

PS the Merc guys will dump on me but I think a Johnson 30 or Evinrude Big Twin 30 is the way to go with this little pony. No doubt a Mark 30 would suit the need however this boat cries out Johnny Rude!

Re:1957 Valco royal 14 12 years 3 months ago #52848

• stashm2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Boy thats a cool little boat!

Re:1957 Valco royal 14 12 years 3 months ago #52849

Here is some information that I have on the Royal, the first from 1955 and the rest from 1957. I have some literature, but it is all from the sixties. Great boat! These aren't very well known, so I don't know what kind of following they have. That would determine the value. I would just fix it up and have a good time with it.

Lee Wangstad
Attachments:

1957 Valco royal 14 6 years 2 months ago #135308

• rayray
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
So yesterday I bought a valco it has the same look as 1957 14 ft royal guy that I bought it from said registration is 1967 no way its all orig but he put seat on bow where windshield was and minn trolling motor will be taking off has 1960 35 johnson brought home .put battery and starting fluid runs.with orig trailer not bad for $50. On so cal offer up.pics to come, sure wasn't arguing for the price.

1957 Valco royal 14 6 years 2 months ago #135376

• rayray
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
So it turns out I was wrong on year by 2 mine 1959 35 hp johnson rsd 21 b motor and different configuration of seats , think floatation is same, but mine rear seat is facing forward and the front seats have no stern facing round pieces attached, but port has built-rod holders can't send pics ever since this website changed?

1957 Valco royal 14 5 years 11 months ago #136001

Hi, VALCO Royal 14 owners. I have a rough one. No seats and the plywood is shot. Hull is water tight though as it holds water! Would like to converse with other owners on interior build considering I can go stock or? For anyone that know how she will handle, that would be good too. Motor is a 40hp Lark 2 1960, has controls and electric start. Needs lots of work to be proud again. Restoring suggestions?
Attachments:

1957 Valco royal 14 5 years 10 months ago #136324

Hi and welcome aboard.
I would recommend starting your own thread in the "Member Projects" section. I don't see any replies to your question so I think you may have been lost in the mix. That will help you keep all your info in one place too.
They're neat looking little boats. If it was me, I would go with a stock configuration. I don't think there are a lot of these boats around so it's worth preserving.
I can only give you general advice that's good for any restoration.
Take lots of pictures, even if it seems trivial or easy to remember later as you take things apart. I know my mind loses details after a while. Keep sub- assemblies together as much as possible until you're ready to work on them. It keeps things more manageable. Bag and label small parts. Ziplocs are wonderful. Label everything.
Take your plywood pieces out in one piece where possible. You can use them for patterns later.
You have access to a lot of very knowledgeable people here. They can answer specific questions as they come up.
Have fun and enjoy the process. The journey can be as fun as the destination.
Rodney
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fuumanstu

1957 Valco royal 14 5 years 10 months ago #136332

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Ditto what Rodney said. I even keep all the old rusty bolts and screws in baggies just in case I need to get replacements there's a reference piece.
Looks like the motor is a late 50's Johnson, guessing a 35hp? Should make that shooter run like a rocket. All parts for that motor are readily available and not expensive.

1957 Valco royal 14 2 years 2 months ago #145945

Talk about a resurrection....this is the boat from 10+ years ago. I have it now, and its been a blast! Short story is...one day she popped up on Craigs. I got it home. Fixed the engine. (86 dt20 suzi) Sanded the paint. Polished the aluminum, Replaced the decks with stained ply and carpet over, New seat boards and reupholstered in cream vinyl. That was the quick fix. She's water tight and requires a lot more love and I'm willing and wanting to give it but my wallet is fightin me a bit =) But like I said before, this boat is a blast!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.249 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)