Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: My new Fiberglass Project. Need ID Help!

My new Fiberglass Project. Need ID Help! 13 years 11 months ago #5273

Hullo all! I recently saved an old 14 ft semi-v Fiberglass boat hull from a cow pasture. I know it is at least a 1972 model because that was the last year it was registered. It has Nautalloy and Keiner on the stering wheel but that is the only writing I can find on the boat. I plan on getting her water ready and using her as a fishing rig. The guy that I bout it from said it might be a Chrysler, but I haven't been able to find any information to confirm that. I have lurked on this board and over at iboats and haven't been able to find anything that resembles this. The only pics I have are the ones from the craigslist add. I am going to try to get some more soon, and I am going to be photo documenting the whole resto. Anyway thanks for any help y'all may be able to give and I look forward to learning more!

Thanks! Jeremy R.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:My new Fiberglass Project. Need ID Help! 13 years 11 months ago #5276

• Heather
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Is that a Alabama ID?
It's older than 72 but not sure how old and what it is.
I'm in Alabama, be nice to know where it was.

Mrs Spookeay Bird

Re:My new Fiberglass Project. Need ID Help! 13 years 11 months ago #5289

Very unique design. I'd like to see more pics of the steering setup when you get some. Sorry I can't help on the ID.

Some people are like slinkies... Not much good for anything, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs.

Re:My new Fiberglass Project. Need ID Help! 13 years 11 months ago #5294

That is a cool setup. I like the back seats.

Re:My new Fiberglass Project. Need ID Help! 13 years 11 months ago #5371

Thanks for the replies!

I live in the Shoals Area in the North West corner of the Alabama. The boat was in Mt Hope. (that is in between Moulton and Russelville. If that helps lol) The last registration expired in '72. I was told it resided in an old chicken house that was being used as storage for a loong time. When the gentleman's father died they had to move everything out. It had been sitting in the grass for a few months.

I like the layout of the boat. I believe it will make a good fishing rig.

I will get some pics of the steering setup, and hopefully some better quality pics of the rest of the boat tomorrow. I meant to do that today but non-boating activities got in the way lol. I am almost tempted to just get a tiller controlled outboard and just bypass the pulley system all together...but I haven't decided yet. It all depends on what kind of a deal I can get on a motor. I paid $75 for it so I dont really want to spend $500 on an outboard lol.

Thanks again for the replies!

Re:My new Fiberglass Project. Need ID Help! 13 years 11 months ago #5378

I guess I can tell you what its not and its Not a Chrysler. In 1966 Chrysler took over lonestar and started producing their own boats with the HydroV design. This does not have that hull design. So its not a 72 chrysler thats for sure. I agree with heather its way older than 72. I doubt that its a Lonestar either. So I don't know what you have there. Its a side consul fishing boat so its unique. Look for any kind of ID tag on the back of the boat or a outline on the side where a emblem may have been is all that I can suggest. Get some more pics and all us guys will try to help ya.
Bob

Re:My new Fiberglass Project. Need ID Help! 13 years 11 months ago #5428

If the white deck is a version of early no-skid - then my guess is a 55-56 Thunderbird, maybe Brave model. They did have the earliest non-skid decking I've heard of. A 57 Thunderbird Warrior I've seen and my 59 Chief have it. The bow looks similar too. It looks somewhat related to a 1956 Thunderbird that was on Ebay earlier this year.
Attachments:

Re:My new Fiberglass Project. Need ID Help! 13 years 11 months ago #5432

JB,,,,I killed that double post for you......

Mike Russon
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7987 guests and one member online