• Page:

TOPIC: Ouachita boats

Ouachita boats 14 years 2 months ago #474

• TallTexan
  • TallTexan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I have a chance to pick up an 16' fiberglass Ouachita boat...It is a bit like a small bass boat cross with a Jon boat. I know that they are built in AR for I have a 1969 aluminum Ouachita. Their aluminum boats were built well....but what about the Glass boats....was going to glass what put them out of business? the boat is free, but we all know boats are like horses...buying the boat/horse is the cheapest part of owing one

This is another Co that one cannot find info on

The main problem I have is too many boats and motors and not enough time...

Sorry no photos and will not be less I drive up to get the boat..last saw the boat years ago and was told it has not move from before then (late uncle's boat)
If I remember right it has stick steering

Allan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

CAVU

Re:Ouachita boats 14 years 1 month ago #1652

I just spotted this post. Here's some pics of my little 14' stick steering Ouachita. It was a '71 model. I have since sold it and just aquired a 16' console steering model that looks almost identical. Both are very solid boats, other than the bad floor in the 16 footer which is normal for all these old boats.

The only thing I know about Ouachita is that when Razorback shut down in 68 (I believe it was '68) they sold everything to Ouachita or to someone who started Ouachita. Not sure when the first Ouachita was built, so I don't know if they were in business before this purchase or started at the time of the purchase.

Attachments:

Some people are like slinkies... Not much good for anything, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs.

Re:Ouachita boats 14 years 1 month ago #1820

A photo would really help. I've got a lot of stuff on Ouachita going back to the early 60's. They were bought by AlumaCraft and are still making boats for them.

Lee Wangstad

Re:Ouachita boats 14 years 1 month ago #1855

• TallTexan
  • TallTexan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
classicfins
I think that is the same boat. I know it has stick steering,, and just two places. Been years that I really took a look at it but now that it is mine to pick up you know I will be looking at it more.....

I just thought that it was a darker green, however I may be wrong. Also today I was given aluminum boat if it wanted it...went and looked at it. It's also a Ouachita: a wide 14 ft. Got to cut the brush away and take the tractor out there as to clear a path and pull it out. Trailer is history. sat on the ground so long that it is all but gone..Best thing is however is that they turn the boat upside down on the trailer. ..Can still see the Indian on the sides

CAVU

Re:Ouachita boats 14 years 1 month ago #1876

TallTexan wrote:

classicfins
I think that is the same boat. I know it has stick steering,, and just two places. Been years that I really took a look at it but now that it is mine to pick up you know I will be looking at it more.....

I just thought that it was a darker green, however I may be wrong. Also today I was given aluminum boat if it wanted it...went and looked at it. It's also a Ouachita: a wide 14 ft. Got to cut the brush away and take the tractor out there as to clear a path and pull it out. Trailer is history. sat on the ground so long that it is all but gone..Best thing is however is that they turn the boat upside down on the trailer. ..Can still see the Indian on the sides

Cool beans! Post some pics of it when you can!

Some people are like slinkies... Not much good for anything, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs.

Re:Ouachita boats 14 years 1 month ago #1890

Hi Doug,
Here are some Ouachita scans. The first two are from the 1972 catalog, the third is from the 1974 catalog. The second one looks to be a Razorback in everything but name. Doug, please do a notification through the board, I have a couple of questions.

Lee Wangstad

Re:Ouachita boats 14 years 1 month ago #1892

Great scans. I'll grab thema nd set up a Ouachita section. Here is a scan of the '66 Ranger when Razorback produced it. Doesn't look like much changed.
Attachments:

Re:Ouachita boats 14 years 1 month ago #2708

Hello all! I'm new here and also a first-time boat owner. I couldn't find much about my boat until I found this site. I thought I'd share a few photos of my newest project fishing boat. The seller told me that my Ouachita may be from the '5os but others have said that it's probably from the '70s. Tell me what you think. It's a fiberglass Ouachita Ranger.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6609 guests and 2 members online