Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Killer Mystery Boat

Killer Mystery Boat 14 years 14 hours ago #4656

Working on the latest find. Anybody recognize what it is?

It looks like a blend between a Reinell Jetabout, BellBoy Banshee & Dorsett Sea Hawk. Nice long bow - wide beam - gotta have it.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Killer Mystery Boat 14 years 14 hours ago #4659

Mystery Solved,
The boat is a Performer and its on the Wiki pages. I have one just like it here at the museum. The performers were made in CA in the late 50s and this is a 58 0r 59 14' Havoc. I will put in some pics of mine. Mine has had the paint changed but still sports the original Mark 78. Its a super fast little ski boat. I found this one in the trees behind a marina in La Crosse WI. He said it ran so we took it for a spin. Gave the guy $500 for it and hauled it away last summer.
Bob
Attachments:

Re:Killer Mystery Boat 14 years 13 hours ago #4663

Bob, thanks for the heads up. Performers were built in my neck of the woods - Sacramento, and another plant in the Los Angles basin, I believe. I NEVER would have guessed it to be a Performer! We see losts of them out here - but all are mundane litle runabouts. Well built boats, but nothing with fins. That is really cool. I want to add this one to my stable, just have to chip away at the owner a bit longer.

Bruce

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 8241 guests and 2 members online