Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: New member 1958 Duo F107

New member 1958 Duo F107 14 years 1 week ago #4501

Wanted to say hello, not much out there on Duo, other than they were around for a few years and then merged into / became Formula.

If anyone has additional information on them please share, I'd like to keep it as original as possible.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: New member 1958 Duo F107 14 years 1 week ago #4581

I recall the duo boats sold by a local dealer and probably have a few old brochures. They made some small v hull boats and later went heavily into trihulls, known for their brite colors. One year featured windshields without the side shields - they were supported by a thick aluminum casting. The family sold duo, and 73/74 were the last years of production. The family then bought the existing Formula company from Fuqua Industries in 1976 - here is a little info:
www.formulaboats.com/history.aspx

The most interesting boat that they made was the Duo mystry 17, a tunnel hull runabout of similar design to starcraft's, their parent company at the time.
In general, they were plain boats, slightly higher than normal sides, well built, and reasonably priced. Several of the old duos are still in use on the rivers near Baltimore on the Chesapeake.
Here is a link with some pictures of 70s duos:
www.gjenvick.com/BangorPunta/Duo/1973-Duo-Boats.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)