Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: How to destroy a fleetform

Re:How to destroy a FORUM! 14 years 6 days ago #4769

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
emosun, the fact that you continue to insult the owner of the Fleetform is becoming the real issue here! That's not how we roll. Statements like;

have you guys ever drilled 5,000 holes in your hulls to mount every gadget in the "pimp your boat" magazine?

and

I don't even care about the boat being ruiened anymore , whatev. Just don't call it "lovingly restored". Because a restoration isn't what took place , and it took absolutely no "love" to drill massive holes in the body.

are judgmental and antagonistic, we've tried to explain that to you. You can express your opinion without trashing someone else's, PLEASE try to do so.
Mark
The topic has been locked.

Re:How to destroy a FORUM! 14 years 6 days ago #4770

Well Said MarkS :)

If I could have put my bewilderment into words that would have about summed it up...been having a little disconnection between the brain and the fingers on my end but no biggie...

I know :ohmy:

is there a karma party about to start?

I think that's how the users can let someone know that what or how they are going about getting it in to words is actually sounding remotely close to what they are mumbling at the keyboard....

I bet be careful or sandi just may open up my private seat on the bench... :lol:

Re:How to destroy a fleetform 14 years 6 days ago #4772

i also agree i love seeing original boats,and custom classic boats,we are here for information and comaradity,not to bash someones boat,alot of us cant afford an original classic so we do what we have to to get a boat as nice as we can.
and if you own that boat its yours to fix it anyway you want,mine wont be original because i cant get everything i need,besides i couldnt afford it.im on a very tight budget here.but i will do my best to make it nice with what i have.
the guys and girls here are fantastic people,i love reading their posts,i have learned alot from them,like boat info,friendship,and kindness,if you need something, someone always tryies to help you out,its a great community here ,thanks kelly and sandi.
\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:How to destroy a FORUM! 14 years 6 days ago #4773

• MarkS
It hasn't been long ago (seems like yesterday :( ) that I accidentally hurt someone's feelings while trying to make a joke. To see anyone repeatedly do it with total disregard is disappointing, and IMHO, unacceptable.

I would like to respectfully request this thread be closed by the moderators. (Make room on the bench, H, I'm headed your way! :ohmy: )
Mark

Re:How to restore a reputation! 14 years 6 days ago #4774

In the "for what it is worth category"

Quibbling over words is akin to eating the gruel of fools:
not very nutritional, satisfying, or sustaining.

If your gonna take a left field jab at someone,
you had better be prepared for a feign, parry, and a right cross.
if you get your foolish, false, teeth knocked out,
be careful not to step on them.
It makes it harder to put them back

taking offense at another's "Creativity" is far to easy
It IS one of the reasons, there are so few, who maintain the Courage to Create.

Based upon The Coast Guard's Admonishment:
LITTLE BOATS SINK FASTER THAN BIG ONES!
One would think, having the most aggressive bilge pump money could buy, or the current budget can afford, would be a no brainer!
Might save your boat, your life, or the life of someone you care about!

The same could be said of having the most reliable equipment, no matter the vintage, etc.....

I once walked into a 7-11 to witness a couple fighting in the aisle
To which I replied, Geeze guys, I can go home to listen to that!!

regards
lar

Re:How to restore a reputation! 14 years 6 days ago #4776

well said boatgeek,like my moms fiance says...speak your words softly,you may have to eat them.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:How to destroy a fleetform 14 years 6 days ago #4782

houston wrote:

emosun wrote:

I could let it all go , all of it , if you didn't use the words "restored" or "classic". That's what bugs me the most. Because it's not restored , nor is there anything classic left on it.(

a classic, well....it is a classic just like my funliner was a classic, would it win awards at a boat show no mine wouldn't but the fleetform would of course they would deduct points off for the motor and "stuff" but if we ask ron the points are not the much, If I remember right he has four standing awards and his "remember then" has a Cd player in it.

i've never scored under 95.cd player 1/2 point,unmounted tach 1/2 point,dirty lower unit 1/2 point,dirty remote control 1/2 point, gelcoat cracks 2 points, 1/2 point for sloppy wiring, forget where the other `1/2 point came from. let me add that the glass boats aren't judged as closely as the woodies or they would hit me with the custom paint color also. ron

Attachments:

Re:How to destroy a fleetform 14 years 5 days ago #4798

careful ron im out to steal a trophy or two from ya,only jokeing buddy,but i am hoping it will look half as good as yours,im trying to tell ed to name it "way back when",lol,sounds kinda familiar,lol,they could be sister ships,lol

---Mark Twain

Re:How to destroy a fleetform 14 years 5 days ago #4802

john, i'm sure it will look even better. its time for you to rack up some plaques. i can't fit anymore on the seat. besides each time i put her in the water, the cracks just get longer. really not deserving of an award anymore. ron

Re:How to destroy a FORUM! 14 years 5 days ago #4806

MarkS wrote:

I would like to respectfully request this thread be closed by the moderators. (Make room on the bench, H, I'm headed your way! :ohmy: )

Well, MarkS...

I on the other hand would love to request the staff to just let the thread "float", seems everyone is being civil and expressing only their view, one of the post here or there someone will read and understand that "we" as a group are not all brass and tac, it just a boat and no matter in what angel the classic boat maybe on the "scale", rosse's boat is overly exceptional because it is still a classic with a lot of "updated" features.

if the story is read and put together in the thread, how ross had it and then his father, then is sister who then sold it only later to be found again (same boat I believe) where he bought it for a 100 bucks, just to then to sink 15 grand into it to outfit it and make it "safe", I read what it was outfitted with in envy.

never can be to overly set up for when it comes to safety, where in the past week the local CG,and sheriff's boats have been picking 3 body's out of our local lakes and are still searching for the 4th out of two separate incidents.

anyways ross is a flatdecker as I, and I can understand why he had all the electronics on a classic boat.

H

ross it's a sweet Classic boat.

Re:How to destroy a fleetform 14 years 5 days ago #4808

• ross
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
:silly: Look jurk I listened to all your B/S.And tried to say I had nothen agenst old boats or motors.that don't seem to matter to you.So any time you want race them you call it If I beat you I get your boatand if you when you get mine and you can then do what ever you want with it.But if I when I will with make a new fishing reaf in Tampa Bay with yours. Other than that have a good day. :(

Re:How to consider the bigger picture! 14 years 5 days ago #4809

• MarkS
Mark

Re:How to destroy a fleetform 14 years 5 days ago #4811

Subscribed to this thread only for the comedic factor... :S

Re:How to consider the bigger picture! 14 years 5 days ago #4812

Ok folks.. Let's let this one die out before someone gets booted from the forums. This is about boats. With fins.. or without.. but if it's got fins it needs to be big ones, right? Come on, let's enjoy the boats! :laugh:
Attachments:
Some people are like slinkies... Not much good for anything, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs.

Re:How to destroy a fleetform 14 years 5 days ago #4813

JerrfyLube wrote:

Subscribed to this thread only for the comedic factor... :S

HaHa,

Me too.

Thought it was over, but it just keeps going.

You can tell it's spring time on the forums.

Can't wait to get out on the water... :cheer:
Dave in sunny Buffalo

Classic Fiberglass Boat Owners Association:
www.classicfiberglasboats.com/

Re:How to destroy a fleetform 14 years 5 days ago #4814

nm
Attachments:

Re:How to destroy a fleetform 14 years 5 days ago #4818

get the popcorn and your....

there no other like it than what you'll find here.... :kiss:

come on everyone feel the love, plug your self into your mp3 player and dig down to some CCR....
Attachments:

Re:How to destroy a fleetform 14 years 5 days ago #4847

• ross
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Guys lets just enjoy our boats have fun with then be safe anytime
we are on the water. :laugh:
Attachments:
  • Page: