• Page:

TOPIC: How to destroy a fleetform

How to destroy a fleetform 14 years 3 days ago #4439

• emosun
  • emosun's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
This is the worst fleetform I've ever seen , ever.

tampa.craigslist.org/psc/boa/1693163286.html

I love how the ad says "lovingly restored" , as if they had evinrude etec's and cd players and fish finders in the 50's. Oh boy oh boy what a mess. Today we morn the death of another glassic , rest in peace poor fleetform.
The topic has been locked.

Re:How to destroy a fleetform 14 years 3 days ago #4448

• Bigfoot
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
You cant keep those old motor's running forever. Parts are hard to get and they can become unreliable. I would love to have a glassic with a new motor. As far as a CD player and fish finders, the boat could have had a full restoration but updated with modern features. LOL, I can tell you are a purist :) Mike
PS...The boat now gets a second life...
Description/Condition

DAVE SAYS "SELL THE BOAT"!

Must sell to get out of debt! A real head turner - on and off the water! 1 of 4 still in use!

Lovingly restored to modern standards in 2006 -

Insured & Agreed value by Classic Boat Ins @ $15K

Custom features incl: 2006 E40 DPL Evinrude ETEC; GoLight 2020 remote control search lgt; bow & stearn running lgts; 1250 gal per min bilge pump; 19 gal custom fuel tank; custom steering wheel w/rack & pinon steering; deluxe custom dash gauges; in dash Unidan Solaa DSC FVH Marine 2-way radio; MXD45 AM/FM/CD Marine receiver; air horns; Hummingbird fishfinder; 2 HD Marine batteries; custom designed windshield, bimini top and boat cover.

Must See to appreciate -

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Re:How to destroy a fleetform 14 years 3 days ago #4451

I'm not sure if it has been destroyed. There are some things that could be taken off (CD, VHF, that thing on the deck, etc.)and the fiberglass repaired and it would look pretty good. One thing about this is that with all that work put into it, it is could be fairly sound structurally. It is far from gone.

I'm curious about the 1250 gpm bilge pump. Most of the 1250 gpm pumps I run across are providing fire protection for warehouses. I wonder why a boat this small needs that big a pump. Maybe my structural comments above are not well founded.

As far as modern motors on classic boats, I have a 1986 50hp Johnson on my 1959 Tomahawk. Why? I run the boat in salt water and don't want to do that to a vintage motor. My next trick it to try and install a Fat 50 hood on the motor. (I have a 1958, but I'm not sure it will work. Looking for an early 60s big white thing) When people look at motors, 85% of what they look at is the hood. If you have a vintage hood, it looks like a vintage motor. Purest, no, but practical?
Attachments:
Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:How to destroy a fleetform 14 years 3 days ago #4455

To each their own... It's in better shape than mine, even with the added junk that needs to be removed. I wouldn't kick it out of my garage, just some of it's "custom accessories". ;)
Attachments:
Some people are like slinkies... Not much good for anything, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs.

Re:How to destroy a fleetform 14 years 3 days ago #4459

• emosun
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
No way , yours is in much much better shape. Hasn't been messed with. Has more original parts then that "new" one does.

I guess what I'm getting at is anybody can modernize a boat , but it takes real effort to keep it in original condition. Course you all know that :lol:

What also bugs me is he says 1 of 4 still in use. So apparently I have 2 of the 4 and classicfins has the last one , or he's lying lol.

Re:How to destroy a fleetform 14 years 3 days ago #4461

• ross
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
all I can say is it takes a lot of work to put an old boat back in
the water wear it is safe and fun to use. You can put an old outboard on it and be towed back the dock each time you go out or you can make it better and enjoy it on the water but we all have our own way of doing thangs

Re:How to destroy a fleetform 14 years 3 days ago #4463

ross wrote:

the water wear it is safe and fun to use. You can put an old outboard on it and be towed back the dock each time you go out or you can make it better and enjoy it on the water but we all have our own way of doing thangs

Never had a problem with mine!! In fact, I've towed "new" engines back to the dock!! AND.....it's fun and safe to use!!
Attachments:

Re:How to destroy a fleetform 14 years 3 days ago #4473

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Lets be careful about judging other people on the way they restored or rebuilt their beloved boat, folks! The wonderful thing about this website, IMHO, is that there are people here who believe completely original is the only way to go, and there are people here who like to use some modern "amenities" to enjoy their hobby.

Throwing insults and innuendos is going to hurt someones feelings, and inevitably a fight will get started. It's a matter of personal preference, and both sides have legitimate arguments to be sure. Think about what what you're saying before posting, because not everyone here thinks the same way you do, no matter which side you're on. Be respectful of each other, and the healthy discussions can enlighten us all. ;)
Mark

Re:How to destroy a fleetform 14 years 3 days ago #4476

• emosun
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
ross wrote:

So apparently all of our old motors are not safe or fun to use guys... :(

Re:How to destroy a fleetform 14 years 3 days ago #4481

I too tow people with newer boats & 'better' motors to shore all the time.

re Fleetform: Eh what're ya gonna do.

I stumbled upon an unbelievably cherry '98 Ford Ranger few months back. Interior is immaculate & exterior is not far behind. Price was right too. To my chagrin it's kinda 'truckered out'. (No offense to truckers!) Big cow catcher/brushguard, Westin chrome steps (Which I alternatly stub my heels or smash my shins on), grab handles, etc. Not to mention a top of the line Cobra CB screwed straight through the top of the dash. Yet it's cables are tastefully hidden ... Sigh. Why anyone'd need all these accesories on a 4cyl 2wd minipickup is beyond me?

But as others have so elequently stated: "To each their own." It's up to us to restore them to their previous glory?

Take care.
Attachments:

Re:How to destroy a fleetform 14 years 3 days ago #4483

Seems like a nice little boat to me. However, I'm not a "purist" and I restored my Dorsett with the intent of fishing and cruising with it. I did some modifications to suit my needs and make it a safer boat. My 50 hp, 1966 Westbend outboard runs excellant and I have a lot of confidence in it. However, I always take a "kicker" engine as back up and for trolling.

Re:How to destroy a fleetform 14 years 3 days ago #4488

Old motors ARE dependable if you prepare them correctly. My newest motor is the 1971 1350 Mercury. My trusty companions are the late 50's and early 60's Evinrude Larks. I own 4 1959 35 and 3 1962 40 hp, and have half a dozen spare lower units, carbs, starters, long/short shaft conversion kits I've picked up over the years. I've learned over the years that spending a bucket full of hours making a boat look pretty and dropping motor(s) on them that aren't dependable can ruin a day on the water. I now have the lower units gone through with gears checked and replaced as needed and new impellers and seal kits put in. I have the carbs rebuilt with alcohol resistant kits. I check the compression on them. And then I have all new electrics installed. I actually understand the old motors and am getting better at doing my own work, but rely heavily on chinewalker for much of my servicing needs. First because it's not my forte, and second, I want it right so they work when I want them to. It's all part of commissioning a rebuild.

Re:How to destroy a fleetform 14 years 2 days ago #4499

• ross
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
The why of 1250 gpm bldge pump is the price between it and much
less one the just a few $$ so I went with the over kill.as I did
with most of the things on the boat.We had a 1958 fletform when
I was 16 years old. When I had a chance to this boat for $100.00
1n 2004 I went probly overbord in restoring it.But when one of my
kid's asked me why I put so muh in it I just said becouse at this
Time in my life I could.I did not do it make anybody mad I just
Wanted a boat I could enjoy and have fun with.If that bothers
anyone I am sorry as it was not ment to do that. :woohoo:

Re:How to destroy a fleetform 14 years 2 days ago #4500

Looks like you have a nice boat Ross. I like it, no matter what the purist types say. If I could afford a brand new fuel efficient outboard, I'd do it in a NY minute and stick it on my '62 Power Cat! Good for you.

Frank

Re:How to destroy a fleetform 14 years 2 days ago #4504

A 1250 gpm pump requires a 55 hp motor, is approximately 8 ft long and weighs 500-600# (not to mention costs $30K+). He probably means 1250 gph. Weighs about 3# and can run off a 12V battery. Still a lot for a boat that sits on a trailer.
Todd (aka thetudor)
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:How to destroy a fleetform 14 years 2 days ago #4505

• ross
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Yes your right it is a lot for a 14ft boat but it works well and
the price was right.and everythang in the boat runs fine with the
two big marine battres.Agen probley overkill but to late to change
now.
Attachments:

Re:How to destroy a fleetform 14 years 2 days ago #4507

Ross, you have absolutely nothing to feel bad about. I like your boat and it looks like you did an excellant job fixing it up. Most people don't have the funds, skill or the inclination to restore a boat to it's "purist" condition. If that was the standard, most of these great old boats would end up as scrap. There's always someone out there that wants to "trash" someone else, so they can feel good about themselves. Good luck selling it!

Re:How to destroy a fleetform 14 years 2 days ago #4509

I'm far from trying to trash anybody. Forgive me if that was the interpretation. I think there was a typo in the ad for the Fleetform (gpm - gallons per minute vs. gph - gallons per hour). That is what my comment was about.

My Tomahawk is not a purist original by any means. The hull was solid when I got it, but a previous owner had done some butchering with the fiberglass, so it will never be Barret-Jackson quality. It is a "classic re-build" with as many original features and as much of the original look at I could reasonably get.
Todd (aka thetudor)
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:How to destroy a fleetform 14 years 2 days ago #4513

• emosun
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
I could let it all go , all of it , if you didn't use the words "restored" or "classic". That's what bugs me the most. Because it's not restored , nor is there anything classic left on it.

And whats even worse , advertise it on a classic boat site , and then comment how our old motors are not safe or reliable and have to be towed back to dock. That's low :(

Re:How to destroy a fleetform 14 years 2 days ago #4523

emosun wrote:

and then comment how our old motors are not safe or reliable and have to be towed back to dock.

Yeah, I got kinda tweeked at this too. Maybe I should take the original 4 banger out of my Model A and install an Ecotech??
Attachments:

Re:How to destroy a fleetform 14 years 2 days ago #4524

No, install a hemi er sumpin like dat Jim...

Just tryin to help...

Frank

Re:How to destroy a fleetform 14 years 2 days ago #4525

PC1000 wrote:

No, install a hemi er sumpin like dat Jim...

Just tryin to help...

Frank

Can you say....."pretzel"???? :lol:

Re:How to destroy a fleetform 14 years 2 days ago #4527

Am I missing something here? The boat is not advertised on a classic boat site; it is a posting here about a craigslist ad. The person who is selling it took some poetic license with regard to words like restoration. It seems what everyone is grousing about is what was done with the boat and the language. I didn't see any defamatory commentary directed at anyone on the forum. Everybody has their own ideas of what to do with an old boat. Remember the Chop Shop on the old site?

It is a classic hull with a lot of modern additions. Some people will like it, some will not. Some people will look at a 57 Chevy Nomad hot rod and see a cool car, others a chopped up classic.

Also, both new and vintage motors can crap out. It comes down to how they are taken care of.

There is no right answer on what to do with an old boat. Restoration may be appropriate in some situations, but not practical in others (such as my Tomahawk - I would have had to strip off most of the gel coat on the hull and re-do it to do a full restoration). Let's just try to get along a learn from each other's experience. That is what this site is all about.
Todd (aka thetudor)
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:How to destroy a fleetform 14 years 2 days ago #4529

• Bigfoot
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Okay, im lost!!! So now if I have a old boat from the 60's in perfect original nonrunning condition and restored ALL the wood on it and did it right then lets say I went ahead and mounted a modern motor on the thing would that make it a non classic??? and not restored???

And Welcome Ross, glad you found us.

The Answer is Yes it is still a classic!

Re:How to destroy a fleetform 14 years 2 days ago #4552

Sheeze.. It's just words.. Stop trying to put a label on everything guys. It's a freaking boat. It's an old boat. It's a classic. It's not an originally restored classic, but it is the owner's boat and he "restored" it the way he saw fit. No different than finding a "restored" '67 Camaro with a late model fuel injected 350 and 4 wheel disc brakes. I "restored" my '65 Fury... with late model steering, cd player, drive on trailer, and an early 70's Merc on the rear. So now it's not a classic and is worthless? Lighten up and have a good time. :cheer:
Attachments:
Some people are like slinkies... Not much good for anything, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs.

Re:How to destroy a fleetform 14 years 2 days ago #4582

Bigfoot wrote:

Okay, im lost!!! So now if I have a old boat from the 60's in perfect original nonrunning condition and restored ALL the wood on it and did it right then lets say I went ahead and mounted a modern motor on the thing would that make it a non classic??? and not restored???

And Welcome Ross, glad you found us.

The Answer is Yes it is still a classic!

This debate can go on for a decade! It's your boat, do what you want. Personally, I prefer vintage. When it's insinuated that my boat can't possibly be "fun" or "safe", here's where I have my issue. You guys aren't telling Ross watch what you say "some people may take offense." Alot of time was spent bringing my boat and motor back to it's current "fun and "safe" condition. It's a 2 way street here guys.....or am I getting run over in both directions??

Re:How to destroy a fleetform 14 years 2 days ago #4584

• ross
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Look guys I relley did not do the boat to make any body mad.We got
the first 1958 Fleetform Commodore in May of 1958.I ran the boat
on the on the Ohio river untill I went in the Navy in 1959 My dad
kept the boat and used it until his death.I got the boat and kept
it with me at Memphis,Tenn. When I got orders back to sea duty.
I let my sester have he boat down in Fla.But she found out a Boat is a lot of work.So she sold it.and I lost track as to wear that
boat went the So# was in the 1300's.In 2004 I saw a add that said
a 1958 Fleetform for sale.I called and said I would take it.It was
a reck looking for a place to happen.No seats no stearng ,transem
to bad to thank about putting a motor on ,trailer with flat tires.
The guy said is a$100.00 to much,I gave him a $100.00 doller Bill
went down to Wal-Mart bugh two new tires a can of berring gress.AndHoped it would not fall aparton the fifty miles back to my house.When I Got it home everyone said what the !!!!! you going to do with that.Well in 2006 it looked like it did when came out the Factory.All the classic guys would have been happey.But at thatpoint I neaded a windshild none That I could would fit that I would put on my boat so I had guy bild one at the cost of $1000.00 dollers.At that point I desided to have fun with it I took it to RiverSide Marine and told Chris I want every thang you can put onthis boat the best you can find and I will wright the check.15,000.00 later this is what I got.And we love the boat and every place we go people stop to look. Thats the story behind this I hope that at least it gives you somthang
to talk about. []

Re:How to destroy a fleetform 14 years 1 day ago #4597

ross wrote:

Look guys I relley did not do the boat to make any body mad.We got
the first 1958 Fleetform Commodore in May of 1958.I ran the boat
on the on the Ohio river untill I went in the Navy in 1959 My dad
kept the boat and used it until his death.I got the boat and kept
it with me at Memphis,Tenn. When I got orders back to sea duty.
I let my sester have he boat down in Fla.But she found out a Boat is a lot of work.So she sold it.and I lost track as to wear that
boat went the So# was in the 1300's.In 2004 I saw a add that said
a 1958 Fleetform for sale.I called and said I would take it.It was
a reck looking for a place to happen.No seats no stearng ,transem
to bad to thank about putting a motor on ,trailer with flat tires.
The guy said is a$100.00 to much,I gave him a $100.00 doller Bill
went down to Wal-Mart bugh two new tires a can of berring gress.AndHoped it would not fall aparton the fifty miles back to my house.When I Got it home everyone said what the !!!!! you going to do with that.Well in 2006 it looked like it did when came out the Factory.All the classic guys would have been happey.But at thatpoint I neaded a windshild none That I could would fit that I would put on my boat so I had guy bild one at the cost of $1000.00 dollers.At that point I desided to have fun with it I took it to RiverSide Marine and told Chris I want every thang you can put onthis boat the best you can find and I will wright the check.15,000.00 later this is what I got.And we love the boat and every place we go people stop to look. Thats the story behind this I hope that at least it gives you somthang
to talk about. []

Ross,

It's your boat and you did with it what you wanted. You should not have to answer to ANYONE for that!! My issue was with the statement "fun" and "safe as it applied to the "vintage" enthusiast. Believe me, I've seen alot of newer crap on the water. If you feel safer with the way you built your boat, more power to you! Just don't assume that all vintage builds are not "fun or "safe". Enjoy your boat and reconsider selling it.....you may be sorry!!! :)

Re:How to destroy a fleetform 14 years 1 day ago #4603

• MarkS
matathon6 wrote

You guys aren't telling Ross watch what you say "some people may take offense." Alot of time was spent bringing my boat and motor back to it's current "fun and "safe" condition. It's a 2 way street here guys.....or am I getting run over in both directions??

Jim, I was running a 62 Merc700, ran great, never let me down! Now I'm out on the water with a 73 Johnny 115, same deal but haven't had it as long. I was trying to point out to BOTH sides that caution should be taken when voicing an opinion..........
MarkS wrote

Lets be careful about judging other people on the way they restored or rebuilt their beloved boat, folks! The wonderful thing about this website, IMHO, is that there are people here who believe completely original is the only way to go, and there are people here who like to use some modern "amenities" to enjoy their hobby.

Throwing insults and innuendos is going to hurt someones feelings, and inevitably a fight will get started. It's a matter of personal preference, and both sides have legitimate arguments to be sure. Think about what what you're saying before posting, because not everyone here thinks the same way you do, no matter which side you're on. Be respectful of each other, and the healthy discussions can enlighten us all.

Mark

Re:How to destroy a fleetform 14 years 1 day ago #4648

MarkS wrote:
Jim, I was running a 62 Merc700, ran great, never let me down! Now I'm out on the water with a 73 Johnny 115, same deal but haven't had it as long. I was trying to point out to BOTH sides that caution should be taken when voicing an opinion..........

:) :) :)

Re:How to destroy a fleetform 14 years 21 hours ago #4670

• ross
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Look guys if you though I was coming down on old boats and motors
I am truley sorry about that,that was not wear is was going at all.
I was just saying at the time I put the Evinrude E-Tec on my boat it was the best I could find at the time.I have been around boats
the most of my 68 years of my life I spent 20 years in the Navy and most of that was on sea duty I been luckey enought to have some kind of boat most of those years.And I hope to have one for the next 30 years or so.If your luckey enoght to own and play with a boat of any kind be glad you have that chance so meny never get that chance.I hope this end's this once and for all.Just enjoy what you have. :blush:
Attachments:

Re:How to destroy a fleetform 14 years 18 hours ago #4683

• Bigfoot
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Ross, If I had the cash and we were 2000k miles closer Id buy your boat in a heart beat.
In the mean time before you sell it you should hook up with some Florida classic boat guys and go on a outing as a group with them. It is very very fun boating as a group and alot of good people. Jim Savage is what? nearly 70 years old lives in Florida and zippppps around in his g3 all the time. (we love you Jim lol :) )

Florida has a very large classic boat following....
Good luck with the sale and thanks for playing with us, Mike

Re:How to destroy a fleetform 14 years 18 hours ago #4685

• MarkS
BTW, Jim, you couldn't find a nice 2.3L FORD motor for that A Model? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Those ecotec motors are sweet, and can go made to really fast. My previous job involved drag racing, and there was an ecotec powered rail dragster that went 6.42 sec and 224 mph in the 1/4 mile! (Had a turbo bigger than most semi's, and much work done by Rousch Racing.) = Dragboat material!?
Mark

Re:How to destroy a fleetform 14 years 16 hours ago #4692

boy i guess im destroying a 64 custom craft sunray,when we got it the interior was compleatly shot,the seats were compleatly shot.but the hull was in great shape,so the only thing we could do is buy new seats and vinyl and go from there,we had no choice,i would have loved to have the original seats but cant.
so im doing it my way,heres some of the interior i have done so far,next im painting it 2 tone,the same color as the vinyl ,"teal"and white."
\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:How to destroy a fleetform 14 years 15 hours ago #4694

This thread is precisely why people get offended and leave the site. As you can see by my profile picture, I have no problem taking a "classic" and cutting it in half. Some would call that a travesty. Others call it clearing out the junk in the back yard. To each his or her own. Perhaps we need a "purist" section? I would guess if we did that, there would be 4 people in there and the hundreds of others would be here. I have seen many boats, and I can almost count on one hand the number of truly original boats I have seen.

Back in the day, there were no 1200 GPM bilge pumps in old boats, so by adding one to a classic it's immediately called non purist and labeled as inferior? OK......
The same would go for modern vinyls, foams, padding, wiring, carpet, paint, trims or any other gadget or gizmo you add to a boat.

It's as simple as realizing that the materials used to construct the classic boats died when the makers did. It would be crazy to think that they will ever be 100% pure original. They never will be because they can't be. The original materials simply rarely exist anymore. If your lucky enough to have a purist boat, good for you. If your lucky enough to not care, even better for you.
Mike Russon

Re:How to destroy a fleetform 14 years 15 hours ago #4699

I should know better than to stir the coals on this thread, but I just can't help myself. From time to time, someone will unintentionally post a thread or comment that starts a Sh*t storm with others. It has happened to me more than once. As others here have suggested - stop, take a break, and put this into perspective. Here a few corn nuggets of wisdom to consider......

Try to take things less personally

If you write a post when you are wound up, copy it & save it on your computer BEFORE posting it. Then walk away for a while. Come back later & read it. If you still want to post it, go for it. Chances are, you'll delete it, because it isn't something you wanted the world to read.

If you are so addicted to the message board that you can't put things into perspective, it's time to take a break. Take a vacation from the internet for a few days. It can do wonders.

Lastly, try to resist writing & posting things that you wouldn't have the guts to say in person.

Don't forget to have a little fun.

Re:How to destroy a fleetform 14 years 10 hours ago #4754

emosun wrote:

I could let it all go , all of it , if you didn't use the words "restored" or "classic". That's what bugs me the most. Because it's not restored , nor is there anything classic left on it.(

Ok I will step in here a little bit and drop my two cents...

when I had the funliner, I chose not to restore it, to simply kept it as it was back then with all of it's little imperfection which is called pinta.

a classic, well....it is a classic just like my funliner was a classic, would it win awards at a boat show no mine wouldn't but the fleetform would of course they would deduct points off for the motor and "stuff" but if we ask ron the points are not the much, If I remember right he has four standing awards and his "remember then" has a Cd player in it.

now, saying this boat wasn't restored is really confusing me simply because even a clear-coat buff job with a power buffer could be considered a reconditioning, fine maybe he didn't do from the sole up and repaint it but it still could be considered a restored classic, seen my fair share of the un-restored un-kept ones and I seen the gloss and shinny show ones, my funliner was in between not un-kept just never up to show standards. it sold for 350.00 bucks with an original matching 1962 merc 800.

I didn't read in the add anything about it being "boat-show ready" rather it being a classic runabout that was ready for a new owner to have fun in, which that if I remember right is what Fiberglassics is about, have fun with Classic old boats and making new friends.

Welcome to the site Ross, sure is one sweet boat.

H.

Re:How to destroy a fleetform 14 years 10 hours ago #4755

• emosun
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
You guys seem to think I'm a purist in the sense that if it's not 100% original it's bad. I'm not. My fleetform isn't all original. I had to make and fix a lot of things and even add things to it. Fixing or restoring a boat is just that , fixing it and restoring. vinyl , foam , paint , wiring , ect..

Now in any of your restorations have you guys ever drilled 5,000 holes in your hulls to mount every gadget in the "pimp your boat" magazine? Or ever think , "naw that original windshield is too aerodynamic" , and replace it with a giant boxy one? To restore means to return something to it's original state , or at least preserve what is left. This wasn't a restoration , it was an outsourced attempt at a modern overhaul. Which is why there was absolutely no consideration taken into account that it was a classic boat.

I don't even care about the boat being ruiened anymore , whatev. Just don't call it "lovingly restored". Because a restoration isn't what took place , and it took absolutely no "love" to drill massive holes in the body.

Re:How to destroy a fleetform 14 years 9 hours ago #4761

emosun - I think we understand by now, your point. I happen to be a hardcore purist. I prefer clean creampuff originals that are a little worn - to fully restored boats. All my projects that need work must have a period correct steering wheel, hardware, Gelcoat, not paint, Period correct motor. I could go on & on. Boats with a pile of bling bling aren't my bag. It has been suggested that re doing something is up to his / her own discretion. You can keep beating the drum over semantics, but what's the point? It's not gonna gain you anything here.

Re:How to destroy a fleetform 14 years 9 hours ago #4764

Dude, take a breather....no biggy
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.342 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online