Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1966 Popular Mechanics Boat Articles of Interest!

1966 Popular Mechanics Boat Articles of Interest! 14 years 6 days ago #4306

• DelRio62
  • DelRio62's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
General info I thought members might find of interest as it is from the "era".

This article includes info on repairing a "dunked" engine, Building an OB motor stand and - ready for it? Making your own water skis and "Aqua Sleds" - plans included.

No warranty offered or implied ;-)

Enjoy,

Matthew

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong Forum... Building the skis can be found by scrolling down...

books.google.com/books?id=mtQDAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA129&lpg=PA129&dq=outboard+motor+test+stand&source=bl&ots=gZpIsiSkuI&sig=Qi1UlfaFkWzsfefq2Noq2UtxcQc&hl=en&ei=XrzDS7T9IcGC8gaV97TYCA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=5&ved=0CB0Q6AEwBA#v=onepage&q=outboard%20motor%20test%20stand&f=false

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: 1966 Popular Mechanics Boat Articles of Interest! 14 years 6 days ago #4307

Actually, BITD, we did make our own water sleds and discs. I know...how primitive. Never made skis though.

Peter
That was when I lived
in Wisconsin

Re:1966 Popular Mechanics Boat Articles of Interest! 14 years 6 days ago #4309

thats cool,heres the motor stand i made out of a 20 dollar ,1000lb ,movers dolly,i sloped the uprights by cutting a 5 degree angle on the bottoms of the 2x4s. i also added 3/4 plywood to the dolly,then glued and screwed it together,i made it a little higher then needed,but then i put a 2x4 under the motor and shimed it up to take some weight off of the uprights.please dont pay attion to the 2x4s on the wall in the last pic,they are for a corner table that i removed to make room for the motor,a 75 hp evinrude.
Attachments:

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6970 guests and 2 members online