Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Bell Boy ? Old glass. New member.

Bell Boy ? Old glass. New member. 14 years 2 months ago #424

Looking for help in identifying the particulars about this boat. 17' Bell Boy, has the BB70 engine from Volvo-Penta. Bow has 18" x 18" access hatch to fuel tank. I heard from one person from NW club that said it is a Beta 17 Runabout. Can anyone validate this or have any info to help. Here are also a few pics to help(couldnt load the pics yet will get them in soon). Heres a little more description since having problems with pictures. I beleive it was either a hard or soft top from the mounting holes. I no that its not 58-60 which leaves 61 and 62 for years because of the BB70. Was that a stock motor? Thanks Ben

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Bell Boy ? Old glass. New member. 14 years 2 months ago #438

• billr
  • Thank you received: 0
Ben,
Here are pics from the 1961 Bell Boy brochure, haven't had time to put up my collection here on FG 2.0 yet, but will over the next 6 months or so.
Is your Volvo the old 80hp?
Bell Boy and Skagit were some of the first production boatbuilders to use the then new stern drive. I have the original service and installation manuals for those, and the original sales brochures showing fuel consumption comparisons between the 4 stroke inboard engines vs the two stroke outboards. It is eye-opening.
Attachments:

Re:Bell Boy ? Old glass. New member. 13 years 11 months ago #5777

Gonna keep the engine? If not, I'd be interested:)

Dreams do become reality!

Re:Bell Boy ? Old glass. New member. 13 years 11 months ago #5787

• webmaster
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Welcome. Enjoy your time here.

Kelly & the Staff

Re:Bell Boy ? Old glass. New member. 13 years 11 months ago #5791

Hey Bill, maybe you could help me out trying to date my Bell Boy, will have pics soon has sliding hard top 18 foot seats 6 inboard outboard with omc outdrive origanaly had Kaiser 6 just finished upgrade to optional small block chevy 283 for this year Has Bell Boy Hull looks nothing like any Sabre Crafts witch took over Bell Boy in 1963 i think. now my Instrument panel does say American Marine they bought Sabre Craft in 1964 and closed in 1969 any help would be great,my hull looks different than the pics you posted im thinking 1965 to 1967 the 283 stoped production in 1967 to the best of my knowledge, Thanks

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)