• Page:

TOPIC: Help with control hook up

Help with control hook up 13 years 11 months ago #4213

• commander
  • commander's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I pick up this control now how do i hook it up?i don,t know where the black turn nob goes in the front?back?or where? 2nd question the control is set to mount on the port side but i would want to put it stbd side is it possible to change it somehow? Third question the cable is rusty can it be replace with new one.thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Help with control hook up 13 years 11 months ago #4214

The control box should have identical slots (or holes) for the control cables to exit it on the opposite end from where thay are now exiting. Basically it will be set up in a mirror image to what you have now.

Cables need to be replaced. You will need (pre '79) type cables.

Cable barrel gets installed between the 2 arms of the silver clip. Disconnect the cable end, rotate the cable assy nearly 90 degrees, slip in into the arms & rotate it back into position & attach the end to the lever. I have drawn the barrel in place in yellow.
Attachments:

Re:Help with control hook up 13 years 11 months ago #4354

• commander
  • commander's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks,that help me a lot.I also got new cable on order.The next of my concern is the cable steering system.Where can you get all of those old stuff to hook up the to the motor so i can use it.Does anyone have any pic of the cable steering system love to see it so i know what to look for.thanks

Re:Help with control hook up 13 years 11 months ago #4366

commander does this help,i take pictures of stuff as i take them apart so i can see how they were originaly,john
Attachments:

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat