Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Don't dump that old boat just anywhere

Don't dump that old boat just anywhere 14 years 2 weeks ago #4203

From mugshotmuseum.com

www.mugshotmuseum.com/down_in_the_dumps.html

Too funny!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Don't dump that old boat just anywhere 14 years 2 weeks ago #4205

Me I just chop 'em up with a sawsall & set 'em at the curb. Never had a problem. Done this with several SeaDoos & at least one boat hull ...?

Re:Don't dump that old boat just anywhere 14 years 2 weeks ago #4206

$18?
Costs me $35!

Peter
It's expensive
in Denver

Re:Don't dump that old boat just anywhere 14 years 2 weeks ago #4207

I cut up three hulls this winter and put them all in the trash container. Took a few weeks but it worked.

Re:Don't dump that old boat just anywhere 14 years 2 weeks ago #4215

We have cut up several, some are tougher than others. A sawsall with a long blade is what we use. That and the help of a skid-steer. Then into the dumpster.

Had to bust up a Polaris PWC and thought "no problem". Well, let me tell you it was a problem. That thing was tough, really tough. Drove the skid-steer on it & it still stayed together. If they could have made them 1/2 as relaible as the hull was tough, they'd still be making them today.

Funny thing, but as I ready the article & scrolled down I saw the top of his head and wondered what type of satelite image was going to appear.

Re:Don't dump that old boat just anywhere 14 years 2 weeks ago #4232

• spanboatsguy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Well here in minnesota they have some twisted rules about dumping boats. Now a few years back I had some hulls to get rid of and a old canoe, I took the sawsall to the canoe and cut it up and put it in my dumpster. That following thursday my garbage guy comes and I find him filtering out the fiberglass and throwing it on the ground. He was really bent about it too. I said Kev What gives with the glass? He said if he got caught again bringing in chunks of a boat he would get fired, My comment was you have to be Sh@@ing me you go to the same landfill that I bring the boats to. Ya I know he said but they want their money for dealing with fiberglass boats. NOW get this, its or was $5 per pound to get rid of it and a 21' Searay cost me $212.00 to get rid of. NOW this is were it gets really stupid and funny too, The boat went to the same part as the rest of the garbage so why the jack up in price? Revenue I guess. Now for the funny part. I dump this beast of a searay off my flatbed on the ground only to see a guy delited in a D10 Cat that I did. He comes over to the boat and pushes it into the open area for all to see. Trust me everything haulted as he put on his show. 6 garbage trucks and drivers watched and so did other operators as this guy flipped the searay over, 21' and 8' beam. He drove his cat over to it and waited till everyone was looking, then proceded to run the cat over it to crush it. Thus the show! Well he was fooled that day as the searay held that cat in mid air on top of the bottom of the boat and it would not crush. You could see the confused look on the guys face as he teatered on the v of the boat. he went back and forth a few times but no success to break it, finally side to side wiggling the cat cut through the bottom and she crushed with a big bang as the cat crushed through. You could hear the garbage truck drivers cheer when he did bust her up. I am not sure what a D10 weights but that searay would not give up easily. It was quite a show but it seems I was the only one that had to pay the price of admission. $212.00
Cowboy

Re:Don't dump that old boat just anywhere 14 years 2 weeks ago #4234

Man, am I lucky.... All I do is take them to the dump and they smash em and stash em for free. :laugh:
Attachments:

Some people are like slinkies... Not much good for anything, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs.

Re:Don't dump that old boat just anywhere 14 years 2 weeks ago #4240

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Cowboy, it's too bad you didn't get a video of the SeaRay vs the D10 Cat. Would've made a great commercial for SeaRay, they might have given you back your $212!

Doug, you're right about us being lucky. The county I live in doesn't charge for any garbage, tires, refrigerators, or anything. Every county in each direction does, just depends on where you live. (They do require proof of residence in my county before they let you dump, they're not dummies!)

Hadn't tried to dump a boat yet though................

Mark

Re:Don't dump that old boat just anywhere 14 years 1 week ago #4243

al lockhart wrote:

From mugshotmuseum.com

www.mugshotmuseum.com/down_in_the_dumps.html

Too funny!

That made my think of this:

We got up there, we found (the old boat) in there, and we decided it'd be a friendly gesture for us to take the (old boat) down to the city dump. So we took the (old boat), (hooked it to) the back of a red VW microbus, took shovels and rakes and implements of destruction and headed on toward the city dump.

Well we got there and there was a big sign and a chain across across the dump saying, "Closed on Thanksgiving." And we had never heard of a dump closed on Thanksgiving before, and with tears in our eyes we drove off into the sunset looking for another place to put the (old boat).

We didn't find one. Until we came to a side road, and off the side of the side road there was another fifteen foot cliff and at the bottom of the cliff there was another pile of (old boats). And we decided that one big pile is better than two little piles, and rather than bring that one up we decided to throw our's down.

That's what we did, and drove back to the church, had a thanksgiving dinner that couldn't be beat, went to sleep and didn't get up until the next morning, when we got a phone call from officer Obie. He said, "Kid, we found your name on an envelope (in an old boat at) the bottom of a half a ton of
garbage, and just wanted to know if you had any information about it." And I said, "Yes, sir, Officer Obie, I cannot tell a lie, I put that envelope (in that old boat)."

<edited from the lyrics "Alice's Restaurant" by Arlo Guthrie> :)

Re:Don't dump that old boat just anywhere 14 years 1 week ago #4245

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Don't forget the 8 x 10 color glossy photographs of the crime scene, and "have you ever been arrested?" I'm sorry Mr. Guthrie, we couldn't help ourselves............. :woohoo:

Mark

Re:Don't dump that old boat just anywhere 14 years 1 week ago #4251

• spanboatsguy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
"You can have anything you want at Alice's Restaurant! Except Alice"
Boy were gettin old this song dates us boys!
Cowboy

Re:Don't dump that old boat just anywhere 14 years 1 week ago #4323

You guys are BAD!

Frank (still lost in the 60's)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)