Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: hello i'm new and would like to introduce my self

hello i'm new and would like to introduce my self 14 years 2 weeks ago #4104

as the title say's :D any way my name is Will i love in Kingman AZ

little bit of a back story to my recent boat extravaganza lol ok i start

my girl friend was at work and she was driving around and she texts me about a free boat laying in someones yard so when she get's home she tells me what road it was on i go to this house and there is this boat laying on it's hull no trailer under it (next to it not under it) and it say's "FREE NO TITLE" on the side of it the people are not home so being the person that i am i wonder through there yard a mean 3 feet and look at the boat .....of course i fall in love with it (i come from a family that restores boats)i leave a message on the persons door saying something like "hi my name is will and i am interested in your FREE boat pleas call me at ???-???-??? ASAP i really want this boat" so the person calls me and say's someone else is interested in it ....i almost wept then latter that day he calls me and say's he called the other person and they said if i want it come and get it so as soon as i got off work i went and garbed it stuck it in the back of my truck and drove the 3 blocks to my house 17 foot boat sticking out of a 6 foot truck bed but i managed then and then i was a sudo owner of a 1959 DORSETT BELMONT SPORT <--after googling it for hours and the guy who didn't what the boat took the engine instead so i contacted him and he wanted to see what i had to trade for this motor i think and i say i have $20.00 and a bike???? he say's "i think i'm getting a better part of the deal"(what ever just give me the motor lol)i get the motor and put it on the boat looks like it will run.....(time passed i built a stand to work on it during that time).....i was on crigslist and i see there is a dorsett being sold with trailer for get this $125.00 so i jumped on that and they both had there titles trailer and boat i get them strip the dorsett and give it to one of my brothers friends and then slid the trailer under it and have been restoring this 1959 dorsett boat ever since .....in short i am happy

and hi and i have attached some images of what it looked like when i got it on its stand

p.s sorry for the long intro just thought you guys might like a cool glassics sorry :D
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:hello i'm new and would like to introduce my self 14 years 2 weeks ago #4105

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Welcome to FiberGlassics, Will. Interesting story about acquiring your prize, no need to apologize. Looks like you found a good one, we'll look forward to seeing your progress as you work on your project.

Mark

Re:hello i'm new and would like to introduce my self 14 years 2 weeks ago #4106

thank you very much i'm shur i will have a tone of questions to ask lol i work on it about 4 hours a day ...it should be done in no time

Re:hello i'm new and would like to introduce my self 14 years 2 weeks ago #4107

welcome cube,nice find,those are great boats,but we all said "i should be done in no time" lol we arn't done yet,lol,its the classic boat curse,lol,only kidding,have fun with it it will look great,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:hello i'm new and would like to introduce my self 14 years 2 weeks ago #4109

Welcome aboard! Great looking Dorsett!

Some people are like slinkies... Not much good for anything, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs.

Re:hello i'm new and would like to introduce my self 14 years 2 weeks ago #4110

• webmaster
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Welcome aboard! Love the story.

Kelly

Re:hello i'm new and would like to introduce my self 14 years 2 weeks ago #4111

Welcome Aboard

Here are some pics of a 1959 Dorset Eldorado I helped restore last summer for a friend. He didn't want to refinish the boat do to funding issues so I suggested letting me buff the boat and see how that turned out. I was amazed at how thick the gelcoat was and how it came back. So I suggest you get yourself some 3M Superduty rubbing compound and give it a go first. His was chalked out like yours is but I bet you can save it and have it look great. I plan on writing a story about Ron's boat one day for fiberglassics, Also I hope he brings it to the museum this year to show off. Not to many eldorados out there. Enjoy your new toy and best of luck to ya on your restore.
Bob
aka Cowboy
Attachments:

Re:hello i'm new and would like to introduce my self 14 years 2 weeks ago #4118

omg..i had one and I let it slip through my fingers...I feel ill

Re:hello i'm new and would like to introduce my self 14 years 2 weeks ago #4120

thank you all for the replys i much love them spesificly "minesotafiberglassmuseum's" i am definitly going to try that i was going to repaint it but i want it's original color back so yeah i'm definitly going to try it

Re:hello i'm new and would like to introduce my self 14 years 2 weeks ago #4121

The motor you have looks like a Evinrude Lark 35hp big twin Most likely a 1959 They are good motors If you need part let us know. I have 4 of the big twins 35hps
Welcome to the site.
Mike aka pathfinderz1

Re:hello i'm new and would like to introduce my self 14 years 2 weeks ago #4122

i may take you up on that offer when i get to that point right now i am re wiring the steering ...found a dog leash that had a red rubber coating on it thought it might look nice and over estimated the length thought i would need at least 50 feet but turns out i only needed 33 feet who would have thought lol :lol:

Re:hello i'm new and would like to introduce my self 14 years 2 weeks ago #4125

Hello Will. Remember these boats are like
Lays Potato Chips,You can't have just ONE!!

Rick
Attachments:

Re:hello i'm new and would like to introduce my self 14 years 2 weeks ago #4129

lol that is true i keep thinking that the other dorsett i gave away would have been good to rebuild too lol

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 5499 guests and one member online