Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: how to replace cap?

how to replace cap? 14 years 2 weeks ago #4079

when i took the cap off my boat it was just glassed on and stapled every foot or so, i just cut along the seam line. so now when i put it back on do i just clean up the surface and reglass it or is there a better way to do it. the lip is not very big, only like 1/4 inch or so. i think my boat is a little avalon but not shure about it just yet if it matter at all

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:how to replace cap? 14 years 2 weeks ago #4124

That's what I would do. They probably put the staples in to hold it in place while they glassed the seam. It's the glass that holds it together and gives it strength, not the staples. No rub rail on it? Got any pics?

Frank

Re:how to replace cap? 14 years 2 weeks ago #4161

bdcmhanson, make and model would greatly help...but it sounds like one of those dang nab-bit boats...which for the sake of I can't remember the manufacture right now, other than every time one was taken in tow by the CG/AUX a patio window would get taking out when the part hull and the cleat would rip off the disabled boat...and come flying back in to the tow.

Re:how to replace cap? 14 years 1 week ago #4253

Bing...it pop into my head just like the tow rope would rip off the cap deck and the cleat...BAYLINER..omg worst investment EVER

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.437 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)