• Page:

TOPIC: MFG Oxford Seats

MFG Oxford Seats 14 years 1 week ago #3959

• Art S.
  • Art S.'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Working to restore a 1959 MFG (Molded Fiber Glass) Oxford. Boat is in good shape but came to me without any seats. From the marks on the boat I'm guessing it had the typical split bench seat in front and a settee in the stern.

I would like to try and reproduce the missing seats as accurately as possible. A catalog page I found indicates they were: "vinyl covered with cushions at extra cost" Can't find a good shot of the originals or even the inside of the boat. Would appreciate hearing from anyone who may have one of these boats with the original seats.

Here is a photo of the inside

And the boat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:MFG Oxford Seats 14 years 1 week ago #3980

• g3jim
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
glad you got home safe sir!!!! That windshield looks like it was made for the boat! if I find any useful info for you I will get it to you.
All the best and great to meet you the other day
Jim

Re:MFG Oxford Seats 14 years 1 week ago #4131

• Art S.
  • Art S.'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Jim, it was great to meet you as well! I'm really happy with the boat and think it will be a great addition.

I've been studying the various old mounting holes and have come to the conclusion that the rear seat was mounted about 18" forward from the end of the cockpit. This would allow for a rear area to place the battery, fuel tanks and other gear. (They won't fit under the rear spash well) A couple of the old ads I've found on other sites seem to show the seat back in that position.

If anyone has an ad or photo of the 1959-60 MFG Oxford that shows the seats, would love to see it!

Art S.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7531 guests and no members online