Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Boat rally & Fly In, Chetek, WI Sunday Aug 8th

Boat rally & Fly In, Chetek, WI Sunday Aug 8th 14 years 2 weeks ago #3896

I just received word from John Banks (retired mayor of Chetek & Chetek museum volunteer) That there will be a vintage boat show scheduled with the Fly-In at the Chetek airport Sunday Aug 8th.

Last year was the 1st time a attended. Admission was free last year & I assume again this year. There were a handful of Chetek boats & one SeaKing if I recall correctly. Appearantly Chetek built boats for Wards at one time.

The aircraft included a restored DC3 in American Airlines colors, a Russian jet and some other neat stuff. Watching the DC3 on final into a small airport is quite a sight. Actuallly watching any 75 year old aircraft is quite a sight. Not exactly the big stuff I used to work on, but still fun. I remember one summer when runway 22 was freshly rebuilt in MSP and a full 747 was on take-off roll. Well, when he rotated the jet blast blew all the freshly planted sod right off the ground.

The boat display is open to anyone with an older boat prior to 1980. Wood, glass or aluminum is OK. Space should be no problem & there is a boat ramp right across the road for those wanting to get wet too.

John's email is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Chetek info www.chetek.net or www.chetek.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 8327 guests and no members online